Help with WMC setup after Network Outage

gbnewbie

HTPC Specs: Show details

Help with WMC setup after Network Outage

Post by gbnewbie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:17 am

Hi

I have been running Windows 7 MCE running with EPG123 guide, and this has been working for quite a while.

Yesterday, there was a Verizon network outage. During the outage, I went to "Set Up TV Signal" (using the same ZIP Code), and got an error "DOWNLOAD FAILURE" - "The new TV setup data could not be downloaded. The existing data, if available, will be used as you continue through TV signal setup".

Later, the Verizon network issue was resolved, and I could see all the channels in TV Guide and watch all the Live TV shows.

Given the error I had with Setup previously, I thought it might be a good idea to run TV Setup again. I got the same "DOWNLOAD FAILURE" message, but following this, I could no longer watch any Live TV show, and was asked to go to Tasks-> Set Up TV Signal.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Live TV was working fine until I tried to re-run TV Setup. Now, I could not watch any Live TV.

Thanks

gbnewbie

Post by gbnewbie » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Looks like the issue was due to my own fault. I just read the EPG123 install, which mentions not to agree to the “Program Guide Terms of Service“ (I was agreeing to this before).

After finishing with the TV Setup by selecting “I do not agree“, I could now watch Live TV, but without any guide data.. will try to play with EPG123 to fix the guide data next.

gbnewbie

Post by gbnewbie » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:53 am

I re-installed EPG123 and fixed the guide data issue too.

Note to self - When setting up TV in WCE running EPG123, do not agree with the Program Guide Terms of Service.