Channels in HD Homerun but not in WMC

hujorgen

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channels in HD Homerun but not in WMC

Post by hujorgen » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:06 am

SOLVED - I have a Silicon Dust HD Homerun dual tuner that works well. I picks up all the channels I can reasonably get in my area - East Central MN zip code 56357. Running a Windows 7 desktop with WMC. Before using EPG123 I could get 36 OTA channels. After installing and using EPG123 the WMC is missing 5 channels. They still show up as normal on a TV connected to the antenna and in the HD Homerun viewer. The channels are 9.6, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, and 11.4.

The channels show up in the EPG123 Client and they are "subscribed" as all the other channels are. I manually added the channels into the WMC using the RF channel info from https://www.antennaweb.org/ and the channels now appear in the WMC program guide but it only shows "No Data available" in the guide.

I am wondering why the channels are missing and am I adding them in manually the correct way. I can live with the manual add but would like the program guide to be up to date.
Any suggestions?
TIA

Michael
Last edited by hujorgen on Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I want for myself, I want for everyone.
Wallace D. Wattles

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:24 am

I'm not sure the channels are subscribed. In the client, I assume you can see 9.6 and 11.x channels on the left, and on the right you see the same channels as part of your OTA lineup? And the 'Subscribed Lineup' column of those channels on the left side are not empty?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

hujorgen

Post by hujorgen » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:39 am

Thank you for your reply,

Yes I can see the channels in the left and right hand OTA list. The subscribed Lineup has the same information as the other channels that work as normal. It says "EPG123 Local Over The Air Broadcast"
Wallace D. Wattles

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:04 am

By all indications, you should be seeing the guide information for those channels. Is there anything in the trace.log file to indicate a failure to download guide data?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

tonywagner

Post by tonywagner » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:14 pm

Those are the VHF channels in your area, and WMC doesn't automatically add VHF channels anymore, so yes, you have to add them manually in WMC from now on.

Can you watch the channel in WMC, even without listings? That would confirm you added it correctly.

You could also try to go to "Edit channels" in the WMC settings, select one of the channels with no data, and then select "Edit listings" and see if you can manually associate it with the correct guide data.

hujorgen

Post by hujorgen » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:05 pm

i RE-Ran the client setup and made sure all of the channels were subscribed. Now all the channels I want are in the guide and showing the correct listings. Thank you for your help with this.
Wallace D. Wattles