Tuninginfo Edit

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
jwleonard

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuninginfo Edit

Post by jwleonard » Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:50 am

How can I edit the Tuninginfo column to correct an error? Mine shows C10 which is the standard definition version of the channel but based on others it should show C710 to get the HD version I actually want.
Thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:17 am

You can't change anything in the TuningInfo column. That are what the tuner actually tunes to. Do you not have a channel 710 (tuningInfo C710)?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

jwleonard

Post by jwleonard » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 am

I don't have C710 anywhere; this is my ABC channel. It worked for many years (like 5+) and even an hour before I switched guides from MS to EPG123. Of course, I had to reactivate my cable card with Comcast; maybe that is were the issue started. Is that something they control and can I have them make changes?

Also, thank you for making this product.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:35 am

You shouldn't have had to do anything with your cablecard... it was already activated. Though TV Setup will make you think you do.

Anyone help? I don't have the experience.

What is the highest channel number you have?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:42 am

jwleonard wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:23 am I don't have C710 anywhere; this is my ABC channel. It worked for many years (like 5+) and even an hour before I switched guides from MS to EPG123. Of course, I had to reactivate my cable card with Comcast; maybe that is were the issue started. Is that something they control and can I have them make changes?

Also, thank you for making this product.
No you should not have reactivated your cable card. This is probably where the issue is they probably unpaired it what does your ceton or sd tuner show for the cable card status?

I have had many bad experiences activating a cable card these companies are really clueless about them

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:14 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe WMC scans CableCard devices, it just uses the channel number from the guide.

Does the guide for you cable provider (right side) have this channel (710)?

Einstien

Post by Einstien » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:36 am

That is my understanding. WMC does not scan the Cable Card. In the case of the Silicondust HD Homerun Prime tuner, after card activation, your tuner needs to scan all the cable card channels, this can take really long. After that, it is pretty much static, doesn't change. I would have to conclude that something happened when you re-activated the card. If you are using a Silicondust HD Homerun Prime, you can do a cable card scan manually.

Space

Post by Space » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 am

I'm not sure you even need to scan on the Prime itself. As long as it has downloaded the channel map through the CableCard, you should be able to tune the channel. I believe the scanning is so that it can do other functions such as present a list of channels to an app and also indicate if the channel is DRM protected, etc.

WMC does not need this list of channels since it gets it from the guide data, so it just blindly tells the Prime to "tune to channel XXX" and the Prime will do so as long as XXX is a valid channel.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:47 am

I'm pretty sure that any scanning done on a Prime is solely for use by SiliconDust apps and not used in any way by WMC.

jwleonard

Post by jwleonard » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:26 am

Thanks to everyone for all the information....
It's a Ceton tuner and shows the same lineup info as I had before except for this issue.
I get channels into the 1400's without issue.
Most of the HD channels I watch are in the 703-803 range. My local/network broadcast channels are 703-713 and this is the only one that doesn't work now. (there are like three other garbage channels I don't use that have an issue too).
The Guide lineup on the right side does show 710, but when I subscribe to it I only get C10 instead and it's in the 710 spot for some reason.
I attempted to just skip the tuner setup but I actually couldn't tune any channels until I actually called Comcast (I did get the cable card folks there and they seemed to know what they were doing at the time).

jwleonard

Post by jwleonard » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:26 am

Thanks to everyone for all the information....
It's a Ceton tuner and shows the same lineup info as I had before except for this issue.
Most of the HD channels I watch are in the 703-803 range. My local/network broadcast channels are 703-713 and this is the only one that doesn't work now. (there are like three other garbage channels I don't use that have an issue too).
The Guide lineup on the right side does show 710, but when I subscribe to it I only get C10 instead and it's in the 710 spot for some reason.
I attempted to just skip the tuner setup but I actually couldn't tune any channels until I actually called Comcast (I did get the cable card folks there and they seemed to know what they were doing at the time).

Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:57 am

jwleonard wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:26 am Thanks to everyone for all the information....
but what does the cable card status look like?

it should say
Card Authorization:
Validated, validation message is received, authenticated, and the IDs match those in the current binding

also how do they now not work are they missing from guide or does it say subscription required weak signal ect?