Info Please - 2020 Newbie

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
dshorrosh

HTPC Specs: Show details

Info Please - 2020 Newbie

Post by dshorrosh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:51 pm

Thanks to garyan2 and others for EPG123 and related info. Like everyone else I had to scramble after noticing the empty TV guide last night. I have EPG123 up and running on my Kodi / ServerWMC / PVR.WMC setup, so that's all good.

I do need some clarification:

1 - Does EPG123 need to be left running, or can I close it after everything is set up and running? I have it set up for updates at 0200.

2 - I copied the recording settings as part of set-up, can I still handle that via the PVR.WMC Kodi add-in going forward or do I need to use EPG123?

3 - I use MyChannelLogos, will this override or be overridden?

4 - It looks like EPG123 feeds WMC, which in turn feeds ServerWMC (in terms of selecting / deselecting channels to show up in ServerWMC) -- or am I missing something?

5 - I presume this channel guide for ServerWMC will continue to work seamlessly with my RaspberryPi/OSMC clients hanging off the server from other rooms . . .

Thanks in advance, especially for having a solution I could install to keep the wife happy with my home-brew home entertainment system.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:03 am

1) make sure you've set up the scheduled task, then go ahead and close everything EPG123. The idea is, you use EPG123 to configure what you want to happen; once done, then the scheduled task gets called at the appropriate time and does what you said to do, on a regular basis.

dshorrosh

Post by dshorrosh » Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:13 am

Adam1991 - Thanks for the explanation!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:18 am

dshorrosh wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:51 pm Thanks to garyan2 and others for EPG123 and related info. Like everyone else I had to scramble after noticing the empty TV guide last night. I have EPG123 up and running on my Kodi / ServerWMC / PVR.WMC setup, so that's all good.

I do need some clarification:

1 - Does EPG123 need to be left running, or can I close it after everything is set up and running? I have it set up for updates at 0200.

2 - I copied the recording settings as part of set-up, can I still handle that via the PVR.WMC Kodi add-in going forward or do I need to use EPG123?

3 - I use MyChannelLogos, will this override or be overridden?

4 - It looks like EPG123 feeds WMC, which in turn feeds ServerWMC (in terms of selecting / deselecting channels to show up in ServerWMC) -- or am I missing something?

5 - I presume this channel guide for ServerWMC will continue to work seamlessly with my RaspberryPi/OSMC clients hanging off the server from other rooms . . .

Thanks in advance, especially for having a solution I could install to keep the wife happy with my home-brew home entertainment system.
1 - No, it will fire off when it is time to update your guide and then close when done.

2 - WMC will function exactly as it did before with the MS/Rovi guide. That is all EPG123 is doing... supplying the guide. No functionality change.

3 - If you want to keep using MCL, then you should disable the option to 'Include station logos' in the configuration. If you don't then they will keep replacing each others logos.

4 - Refer to #2

5 - Refer to #2
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dshorrosh

Post by dshorrosh » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:08 pm

Gary - Thanks for clarifying! It works like a charm, but you already knew that . . .