Murphy Brown Season 11

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Murphy Brown Season 11

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:12 pm

When originally scheduling the new Murphy Brown it shows as Season 1, Episode # and has the correct metadata.

After recording and running through MCEBuddy the metadata is lost but the season number is 1 and not 11 so MCEBuddy / Emby Pick up the wrong MetaData.

Here's what I got from Schedules Direct via email. Any work around? Schedules Direct and Gracenote's hands are tied.

Thanks!
Robert @ SD:
CBS insisted that per the writers guild, the new season of Murphy Brown must be called season 1.

Me:
Okay. So what to do on our end? Show title and description based on Original Air Date? This really messes up the library but I'm sure CBS doesn't care knowing how proud they are to charge for their app to gain access to that which is free OTA.

Robert @ SD:
Our upstream is going to go by the numbering they're provided by the provider. If a 3rd party source like thetvdb has different numbering then I believe that there are scripts for various applications that will let you update the S/E to a new value.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:27 pm

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I was caught up in the same mess awhile back.

But then, after I saw the third or fourth episode, I realized I didn't care--and deleted the series recording.

Word is that this will be a one-shot, 13 episode return. If you can find a way to edit the metadata, just change it post-MCEbuddy and move on.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:31 pm

adam1991 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:51 pm I was caught up in the same mess awhile back.

But then, after I saw the third or fourth episode, I realized I didn't care--and deleted the series recording.

Word is that this will be a one-shot, 13 episode return. If you can find a way to edit the metadata, just change it post-MCEbuddy and move on.
I guess I'll just edit the metadata by hand in the Emby metadata editor then for 13 episodes. Thing is is my wife already watched half of them anyhow..