WMC About Screen

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
rimmel

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC About Screen

Post by rimmel » Wed May 23, 2018 2:00 am

I ran a WMC Rebuild Database yesterday to try and fix another problem using version 1.1.25. The rebuild and import of the mxf file seemed to run OK. But after the run I noticed that the WMC About screen was altered. I assumed that the next run of Epg123 would restore the About screen to its original look. Today I downloaded and installed Epg123 V1.2. After it was run the WMC About screen was not reverted to it's former look. See below the oldl and new WMC About screens. Is there something else I must do to get the old screen back?
Attachments
Old_EPG123.PNG
Old WMC About Screen
EPG123.PNG
New WMC About Screen

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 am

Just to make sure I understand. The top is what it should be and WAS? The bottom is not correct (shows EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct), is from the Rebuild Database, and IS?

The "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" hasn't been actually used since v1.1.17. I should be able to recreate this, but an update run should take care of it. The new lineup needs to be associated with the devices (tuners) to get the About Guide to show the correct and valid lineup.

EDIT: I should say an update with v1.1.18 or higher should take care of putting in the proper lineup. The EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct will still be seen in the About Guide... it will be 1 of 2 lineups.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:02 am

I wasn't able to recreate your issue, but I have seen this in the past. If an import doesn't work for you, try going into the client and unsubscribe a/any channel and then re-subscribe it. The correct lineup should be seen in the About Guide. Unfortunately, the "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" will be as well and may be the first one displayed.
- Gary

rimmel

Post by rimmel » Wed May 23, 2018 7:05 am

I did what you suggested and unsubscribe/resubscribe a channel. Now I have two WMC About screens. As you predicted the first one is the one with "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" in it ( Anonymous!User). The second one looks identical to WMC About screen I described in my previous post as the old one (before the WMC Rebuild Database). Is there a sure way to correct this?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:09 pm

I noticed the second one after I switched to OTA but just thought it was because I switched to OTA.

If the guide data is good, does this matter much?

rimmel

Post by rimmel » Wed May 23, 2018 5:06 pm

I guess you're right it is not a big issue if the guide data is good. It was just confusing to me. But having two WMC About screens is even more confusing.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed May 23, 2018 11:12 pm

I'll take a look to see how complicated it would be to remove a lineup ... just think it might be risky to try. Otherwise, the only way to get rid of any once-used/no-longer-used lineup is to start from scratch (Step 1: Clean Start). Using v1.2.0 for a clean start will ensure your scheduled recordings are transferred over as well.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:03 am

hmmmm... sometime I'm a bit slow. One of the early things I learned was how to get the EPG123 lineups to show in the About Guide... removing it from the About Guide is apparently just as easy. This will be taken care of in the next release.

What is not so easy is to actually delete a lineup ... haven't found the magic bullet yet.
- Gary

rimmel

Post by rimmel » Thu May 24, 2018 8:21 am

If I am understanding the previous posts, then having two WMC About screens means that WMC/Epg123 thinks I have a "once-used/no-longer-used lineup". From day one I have never had more than the one lineup I created when I built the HTPC. Since this all started with "Rebuild WMC Database", is it possible that this function creates another lineup or somehow made WMC/Epg123 think there was another one. If there is a second lineup, shouldn't I be able to see it somewhere. Anyway as I stated in a previous post this is not a major issue, but it is very confusing. I will look forward to the next release for a fix to this issue.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:53 pm

Getting a lineup to show in the About Guide requires a lineup channel to be associated with a guide channel and its device (tuner). This is done anytime there is a "match" in the automatch routine or when you subscribe to a channel in the client GUI. Unmatching or unsubscribing will not remove the lineup from the About Guide. It is perpetual unless I create something to do some housekeeping.

Before v1.1.18, all lineups from the EPG123 download were combined into "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" and that is what you saw in the About Guide. For you, starting at v1.1.18 and up, the downloaded lineup was "EPG123 Comcast Spokane/Inland Northwest - Digital (Spokane)" but since you never had to do a match, or a subscribe, the "new" lineup was never added to the About Guide. Fast-forward to when you did the Rebuild WMC Database, the only lineup associated with your devices was the old lineup and the rebuild lost the Provider information (title, name, copyright). An import of the new lineup didn't include any information for the old lineup. Once you matched a channel to the new lineup, then it showed in the About Guide but the old lineup is still shown, hence the need for a housekeeping process.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:55 pm

I double checked and I don't have a double About Guide.. Just one "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" with my OTA listings.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu May 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I double checked and I don't have a double About Guide.. Just one "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" with my OTA listings.
See below:
garyan2 wrote:I wasn't able to recreate your issue, but I have seen this in the past. If an import doesn't work for you, try going into the client and unsubscribe a/any channel and then re-subscribe it. The correct lineup should be seen in the About Guide. Unfortunately, the "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" will be as well and may be the first one displayed.
If you unsubscribe a/any channel and then re-subscribe, then the current lineup will be shown in the About Guide as well.
- Gary

rimmel

Post by rimmel » Thu May 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Thanks for the explanation Gary. I get the gist of it now.