No Guide Data

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
DjFourmoney

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Guide Data

Post by DjFourmoney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm

Last night I was looking for Legion so I could setup to record. For some reason SyFy channel wasn't listed in the guide, so I attempted to add the channel inside WMC.

That was easy enough, when I tried to fix the no data for that channel I ended messing up the entire guide and now I get no data for any channel.

I tired the fixes using the search feature here but none of those work. I also downloaded the latest version of EPG123. My account with Schedule Direct is good until May.

What could be the problem? Because of no data nothing recorded today. Oh I should mention I got no data for MeTV either previously but let it go for fear over what just happen.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:33 pm

DjFourmoney wrote:Last night I was looking for Legion so I could setup to record. For some reason SyFy channel wasn't listed in the guide, so I attempted to add the channel inside WMC.

That was easy enough, when I tried to fix the no data for that channel I ended messing up the entire guide and now I get no data for any channel.

I tired the fixes using the search feature here but none of those work. I also downloaded the latest version of EPG123. My account with Schedule Direct is good until May.

What could be the problem? Because of no data nothing recorded today. Oh I should mention I got no data for MeTV either previously but let it go for fear over what just happen.
I'm going to need to see your trace.log entries for the last couple update runs.

How did you add SyFy inside WMC? What steps did you take? And how did you try to fix the no data for that channel?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DjFourmoney

Post by DjFourmoney » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:27 pm

garyan2 wrote:
DjFourmoney wrote:Last night I was looking for Legion so I could setup to record. For some reason SyFy channel wasn't listed in the guide, so I attempted to add the channel inside WMC.

I'm going to need to see your trace.log entries for the last couple update runs.

How did you add SyFy inside WMC? What steps did you take? And how did you try to fix the no data for that channel?
I first did an update similar to when I my SD account lapsed. I never had a problem with EPG, it always works and updates as needed.

Then I tried Restore under Client, also Rebuild WMC Database and Manual import

I added the channel within WMC, so setup, TV, TV Signal, Add Missing Channel, set preview to on, typed in channel 71 which is SyFy for Spectrum, got a picture/sound. Saved, exited. Went to EPG123 Update, unchecked all the channels but 71 and 111 which I assume one is the regular cable channel and the other the HD channel but both are in HD. Updated and went to the guide to see if the data was there. That is when I discovered I had no guide data at all.

Where do you want me to send the trace log to?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:36 am

DjFourmoney wrote:Then I tried Restore under Client, also Rebuild WMC Database and Manual import
At this point, I may suggest you start from scratch (Step 1) of installing EPG123.

The 'Restore' function in the client will restore the WMC configuration to the point when the 'Backup' was made. It will restore the tuner configurations, custom call signs and numbers, favorite lineups, recording requests, channel/listing subscriptions... The 'Rebuild' does the same thing but simply restores the current configurations. Neither will restore the actual listings so you will see No Data Available until an update occurs or you do a manual import.

If your backup file was relatively recent, you may be okay.
DjFourmoney wrote:I added the channel within WMC, so setup, TV, TV Signal, Add Missing Channel, set preview to on, typed in channel 71 which is SyFy for Spectrum, got a picture/sound. Saved, exited. Went to EPG123 Update, unchecked all the channels but 71 and 111 which I assume one is the regular cable channel and the other the HD channel but both are in HD. Updated and went to the guide to see if the data was there. That is when I discovered I had no guide data at all.

If you don't think you need to start from scratch for the above, try this ... or even try this FIRST.

When you unchecked all stations except SyFy, you basically told EPG123 that you only want SyFy and nothing else. There will be no guide listings for any other station in the guide after an update. Go to the configuration GUI, select all the stations you want guide listings for and do a Save&Execute. When it is done, open the client and select the correct EPG123 lineup in the pulldown on the right side. If you don't have any custom channel numbering, click the Match by: [# Number] button to populate the guide. If you do have custom channel numbers, just click the red [Custom Labels] button to read [Original Labels] before you click the [# Number] button.
DjFourmoney wrote:Where do you want me to send the trace log to?
I'll send you a PM with my email.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:50 am

Okay, finally got time to go through your log. Everything went to heck when you added SyFy but removed all the other stations from download.

To fix everything how it was plus adding Syfy, here's what you need to do:

1) extract the epg123.cfg file from c:\epg123\backup\config_20180411_031920.zip and copy over the existing c:\epg123\epg123.cfg file. This is optional in case you don't want to download the entire 581 stations in your lineup.
2) open the configuration GUI and delete your current task, enable the 'Automatically match stations to channels' option, and create a new task.
3) click the [Save & Execute] button.

When it gets done, those 129 stations you wanted will be present in the guide with 21 days of listings.

=========
To revisit what happened. When you went down to 1 station (Syfy) and removed all the other stations, there was nothing in your guide. This is because the 128 stations you had in the lineup were removed from the imported lineup and the 1 station you added was not assigned to any channel (automatch was disabled). When you then selected to download all 581 stations, everything downloaded and imported just fine, but again, none of those listings were assigned to any channels since automatch was still disabled. Result is still a bunch of No Data Available.
- Gary