v1.1.21 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

v1.1.21 Release

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Minor update which includes XMLTV creation as well as some client enhancements and guide tweaks.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm

So v1.1.20 is beta only and this is the production release?

I'll probably go ahead with the installation while i root out my other issues..

Thanks again, Gary!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:12 pm

Sammy2 wrote:So v1.1.20 is beta only and this is the production release?

I'll probably go ahead with the installation while i root out my other issues..

Thanks again, Gary!
Yah, I'm having problems with the channel adds so I disabled it in the release. I'm thinking of disabling the channel delete function for a similar reason.
- Gary

kkingsto

Post by kkingsto » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:39 pm

Woah! Avast is saying the files may be dangerous....

I installed with the setup file....

12noon

Post by 12noon » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:52 pm

It's almost certainly a false positive because of the installer Gary's using. It's not unknown for AV software to get confused when it comes to installers. If you're concerned, you can download the zip and extract the files to your installation folder instead.

Update: You can use a site like https://virustotal.com and have multiple virus scanners check it out.
USA 60005
WOW Chicago Suburbs - Digital
USA-IL58819-X

d00zah

Post by d00zah » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:24 pm

kkingsto wrote:Woah! Avast is saying the files may be dangerous....

I installed with the setup file....
Updated earlier with the portable version & Avast wanted to scan epg123.exe. Just got back the 'file is OK' msg, so Avast SHOULD no longer be an issue.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:12 am

AV software tends to classify anything that isn't signed as evil. Add that the files are downloaded from the internet, you would think it was created by Kim Jung Un and Vladimir Putin both in order to steal your share of the Nigerian prince's vast fortune.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:37 pm

Now that things are starting to look up for me I installed v1.1.21 this morning. All went well with no AV flagging it. I only use MSE so maybe that is why.

I ran epg123 from the installer at the end of installation and it apparently doesn't run it elevated so won't write the mxf file to WMC. Is there a way to modify this? Not really a big deal, just wondering.

Can this box have "Save or Cancel" buttons added to it? I had to close and re-open to verify if it stuck or not. It did, BTW.
xmltv Configuration.JPG
xmltv Configuration.JPG (19.62 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
It wrote the xmltv file but it didn't respect custom channel numbering rather pulled the numbering from Schedules Direct.
xmltv channel numbering.JPG
Finally, what's all the pink highlighting about?
Pink Highlight.JPG

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:40 pm

Ooh ooh.. One last thing!!

How to import your xmltv into Emby should I one day leave WMC behind and use Emby, IFF they improve their DVR / Guide just a wee bit more..

Thanks again Gary!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I ran epg123 from the installer at the end of installation and it apparently doesn't run it elevated so won't write the mxf file to WMC. Is there a way to modify this? Not really a big deal, just wondering.
If you start the configuration and/or client GUI from the installer, it/they will be run elevated. Either way, neither has to be run elevated in order to create/import the MXF file into WMC so I don't know what your situation was.
Sammy2 wrote:Can this box have "Save or Cancel" buttons added to it? I had to close and re-open to verify if it stuck or not. It did, BTW.
Nah, it is just an extension of the main GUI and it only took you 1 try to determine that the settings are "automatically" saved.
Sammy2 wrote:It wrote the xmltv file but it didn't respect custom channel numbering rather pulled the numbering from Schedules Direct.
The configuration GUI has no visibility into WMC to see any custom numbering... only the client peers into the db.
Sammy2 wrote:Finally, what's all the pink highlighting about?
You could call this just an experiment (i.e. I forgot to take it out of the release), but the pink color highlights the channels that have custom channel numbers and/or custom call signs.
Sammy2 wrote:How to import your xmltv into Emby should I one day leave WMC behind and use Emby, IFF they improve their DVR / Guide just a wee bit more..
In emby, once you set up a location for the xmltv file, it will use it for the refresh guide data. You could run epg123 like normal, without the automatically import into WMC, and create the xmltv file. Emby will just update the guide on its own scheduled task.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:42 pm

Being a narcissist, I though the pink highlighting was just for me!

Leave it in! I find it handy.

As far as channel numbering in the xmltv file, those could be edited manually but it looks like it would need to be done each time epg123 ran. I suppose some sort of script could be created to automate this process..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:45 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Being a narcissist, I though the pink highlighting was just for me! ImageImage

Leave it in! I find it handy.

As far as channel numbering in the xmltv file, those could be edited manually but it looks like it would need to be done each time epg123 ran. I suppose some sort of script could be created to automate this process..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
kanipek has something already created that he may be willing to share. I haven't decided whether I want to invest any calories into such a feature.
- Gary

kanipek

Post by kanipek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:41 pm

I do. And I am willing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:45 pm

kanipek wrote:I do. And I am willing.

Sweet! Not sure if I need it just yet but if you could send me a copy that would be cool!

I finally got WMC behaving mostly correctly so I'm sticking with that and ServerWMC / Emby for the time being but who knows when I might just make the jump. It seems about once every 6 to 12 months WMC just freaks out causing me several days of time I'll never see again getting it all straightened out. I need to make restore points more often then right after I get it working again..

kanipek

Post by kanipek » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:57 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
kanipek wrote:I do. And I am willing.

Sweet! Not sure if I need it just yet but if you could send me a copy that would be cool!

I finally got WMC behaving mostly correctly so I'm sticking with that and ServerWMC / Emby for the time being but who knows when I might just make the jump. It seems about once every 6 to 12 months WMC just freaks out causing me several days of time I'll never see again getting it all straightened out. I need to make restore points more often then right after I get it working again..
You must be using windows 10 from your description ? There are quite a few steps/scripts involved. Better to PM?

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm on Win7x64SP1.

Been busy but PM me. Thanks.

kanipek

Post by kanipek » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:29 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I'm on Win7x64SP1.

Been busy but PM me. Thanks.
Windows 7 will be easier, I believe. You should be able to make a single vbs or powershell script and call it directly from the task scheduler. I will put the files in the PM.

I am having issues doing a pm. Will try via Emby community.