Delete Lineup from Client?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
cdb95014

HTPC Specs: Show details

Delete Lineup from Client?

Post by cdb95014 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 pm

Sorry if this is obvious, but I've tried searching without success.

What is the process for removing extraneous lineups from the epg123 client?

This is straightforward in the server tool, but not obvious in the client. In our case we live on the border between two cities. While our zip code (/city) indicates one lineup, we are actually on another, so the initial epg123 set-up was incorrect. I would like to eliminate the 'wrong' lineup from the client. AFAICT, deleting the lineup from the server has no effect on the client (though adding a lineup in the server also adds it in the client).

BTW, *thank you* for a fantastic product! :clap:

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:30 am

There is actually no way to get rid of a lineup in the database except to delete the database. It will be there forever... I'm actually surprised I haven't built anything to do what you are asking yet. First I have to find out if it is possible. :problem:
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am

Forgot to mention, for the lineup results for your zip code, I suggest you submit a ticket to Schedules Direct and identify what the lineup should be, or what lineup should be added. They'll notify their upstream and it may get corrected.

No need for the next guy to learn the same thing.
- Gary

Kwirk

Post by Kwirk » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 am

I have a similar problem. I am switching from Comcast to Verizon. I've successfully added the Verizon lineup in EPG123 and deleted the Comcast lineup. But, a zombie version of the Comcast lineup persists in the client and WMC (along with the added Verizon lineup). Of course, most of the Comcast channels have no signal.

Would you mind giving the name of the "database?" I haven't been able to figure out what it is that I need to delete. Thanks for a very helpful bit of software!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:28 am

Hmmm... methinks maybe I misunderstood the OP question.

If the goal is to change the lineup channels in the client/WMC, then the best thing to do would be to use the client, click any channel on the left side and key [Ctrl + A] to select all, right-click any channel and select 'Unsubscribe'. Then select the new lineup on the right side and click the Match by: [# Number] on the left.

Above, I was speaking to the fact the the unused lineup(s) will remain available on the right side until the database is deleted. Deleting the database is the same as a 'Step 1 - Clean Start'.
- Gary

cdb95014

Post by cdb95014 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:15 am

garyan2 wrote:Above, I was speaking to the fact the the unused lineup(s) will remain available on the right side until the database is deleted. Deleting the database is the same as a 'Step 1 - Clean Start'.
Yes, this is correct. I would prefer not to start over. :-/

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:12 am

cdb95014 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Above, I was speaking to the fact the the unused lineup(s) will remain available on the right side until the database is deleted. Deleting the database is the same as a 'Step 1 - Clean Start'.
Yes, this is correct. I would prefer not to start over. :-/
Is having the old lineup in the database causing problems? If so, then I will find a way to get rid of it, or at least reduce it to just a lineup name with no channels associated with it.
- Gary

Kwirk

Post by Kwirk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:45 am

The "clean start" option fixed the problem for me. It does take a bit of time, of course.

I hadn't tried the "clean start" sooner because I thought that it is just aimed at removing Rovi data. (My understanding of the file structures is so poor that I didn't even realize that the zombie line-up data was in WMC files rather than in EPG123 files.)

Your other option (unsubscribe) may have worked more quickly but I didn't try it.

Thanks, again, for the help and the program.

cdb95014

Post by cdb95014 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:33 pm

garyan2 wrote:Is having the old lineup in the database causing problems? If so, then I will find a way to get rid of it, or at least reduce it to just a lineup name with no channels associated with it.
This is more of an annoyance than a problem. Thankfully (because it works well) I rarely need to interact with EPG123, but so far I am 2-for-2 in the last few months in picking the incorrect local line up when adjusting to Comcast changes. :oops:

Why is it possible to delete "subscribed" lineups in the main EPG123 configuration tool, but not the client? I was hoping (/expecting) that unsubscribing the incorrect lineup would also remove it from the client, but that is not the case. Obviously I am missing something important.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:16 pm

cdb95014 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Is having the old lineup in the database causing problems? If so, then I will find a way to get rid of it, or at least reduce it to just a lineup name with no channels associated with it.
This is more of an annoyance than a problem. Thankfully (because it works well) I rarely need to interact with EPG123, but so far I am 2-for-2 in the last few months in picking the incorrect local line up when adjusting to Comcast changes. :oops:

Why is it possible to delete "subscribed" lineups in the main EPG123 configuration tool, but not the client? I was hoping (/expecting) that unsubscribing the incorrect lineup would also remove it from the client, but that is not the case. Obviously I am missing something important.
The lineups you see in the client are what is in the WMC database. Nothing to do with EPG123.
- Gary