"Channel Mapping"

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Nordfinn

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Channel Mapping"

Post by Nordfinn » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:27 pm

I'm completely stumped. I expect this is addressed on page 9 of EPG123 user's guide, and yet I can't accomplish anything. Have been using EPG123 for 6 months or so trouble free. One channel I watch seems to have added another subchannel. Also, listings coming from Schedule Direct don't correspond to broadcasts for this channel. Schedules are OTA for NYC. With XMLTv plug-in for MediaPortal I am able straighten things out by "mapping" the channel to the right listings (e.g., attach channel 68.4 to the listings for channel 47.3). With EPG I can't figure out to do that, and I cannot even get subchannels on the left of EPG Cient to appear in the lineup on the right with manual import. I confess to finding the User Guide hard to follow. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
N.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:48 pm

Just some points to consider in understanding the client.

The left-side is your merged channels which is what is in the WMC Guide.
To get the new OTA subchannel on the left, you have to run another channel scan with settings->TV->TV Signal->Scan for More Channels and [Scan again].

The right-side is your custom lineup downloaded from Schedules Direct and is imported in the database.
To get the new OTA subchannel on the right, you will have to select it for download in the EPG123 Configuration GUI.

To "map" the channel, select the channel on the left (guide channel), then select and right-click the channel on the right (listings) and select subscribe.

Also, it sounds like there is an error in the lineup as provided through Schedules Direct. I recommend opening a ticket with them to get the channel/subchannel listings corrected.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Nordfinn

Post by Nordfinn » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:07 pm

Gary--
Thanks very much. I feel a bit dense, but: "select for download" means simply filling the checkbox? If so, it's not working for me. I cannot add anything to the right side.
N.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:17 pm

Nordfinn wrote:Gary--
Thanks very much. I feel a bit dense, but: "select for download" means simply filling the checkbox? If so, it's not working for me. I cannot add anything to the right side.
N.
Yes, select for download means filling the checkbox in the configuration GUI. What probably wasn't clear was to see it on the right side, you actually need to download and import the new epg123.mxf file. So in the configuration GUI, fill the checkbox for the channel and click the [Save&Execute] button. If the 'Automatically import ...' checkbox is filled as well then it will be automatically imported in the database as well.

If this is what you have done, then there may be something wrong with the data from SD and should be logged in the trace.log file. If you provide me with your zipcode and the lineup you are using, as well as the channel that is not showing up, I can recreate it here.
- Gary

Nordfinn

Post by Nordfinn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

Ok, thanks. Have done everything as requested, so far as I can see, and also did a complete fresh start and rebuilt it all. Not working. I'm in zip 11215. Channels in question are 68.2 and 68.3 (for which I have clear reception, although they disappear from the WMC guide once the EPG cycles). Also channel 41.2. There seem to be multiple listings for 41 subchannels, which might be listings for 68 subchannels. So maybe this is an SD problem, but I don't understand why two channels disappear from the WMC guide when EPG updates.
N.

Nordfinn

Post by Nordfinn » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Oh, and: Lineup is "Local Over the Air Broadcast (11215)"

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:49 am

Okay, I see what is happening. For starters, there is a problem with the upstream data from Schedules Direct for 2 stations that are assigned the wrong channel numbers.

WFUTDT2 (67228) - IS: 41.1 S/B: 68.2
WFUTDT3 (85948) - IS: 41.2 S/B: 68.3

In the meantime, you need to do 2 things. First is turn OFF the option to "Automatically match stations to channels" in the update task (you will need to delete the task, change the checkbox, and recreate the task). You will the need to manually match (subscribe) WFTUDT2 to 68.2 and WFTUDT3 to 68.3. At that point, those channel will have listings and the channel will remain enabled in the guide.

You will need to submit a ticket the SD to get the channel number corrected.
- Gary

Nordfinn

Post by Nordfinn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:11 am

Thanks very much. Much appreciated.