Bookmarks on TV recordings

cosmicvoid

HTPC Specs: Show details

Bookmarks on TV recordings

Post by cosmicvoid » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:23 am

I know there is a "bookmark" capability that WMC uses to know where you left off watching a recorded TV program, so as to offer the resume feature. What I want to know is whether there is the capability to set bookmarks on the program timeline, so that you can jump to them using the Skip Forward and Skip Back commands. These would not need to be permanent bookmarks, only just for the current viewing session, although permanent would be cool. Is this capability available in WMC?

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:15 am

No. You can't set or control the Resume point beyond it simply storing the last point where you stopped that specific video.

You may find the skipping features useful, when you can leap a controlled amount back/forward through the video, or go straight to a specified point. Not the same, clearly, as bookmarks but might still help you. I documented the options here: http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... ia-centre/
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

cosmicvoid

Post by cosmicvoid » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:29 am

Ok, thanx for the skipping info, that is good to know. I am a real noob at WMC, just getting started and ignorant about most of the subtle features.

The bookmark stuff is a feature that I use regularly on my Sony DVRs, so I thought that a well designed piece of DVR software might just offer that feature, too.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:57 pm

its an additional plugin but media control http://damienbt.free.fr/ will do this

Ack

Post by Ack » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:46 pm

mark1234 wrote:No. You can't set or control the Resume point beyond it simply storing the last point where you stopped that specific video.

You may find the skipping features useful, when you can leap a controlled amount back/forward through the video, or go straight to a specified point. Not the same, clearly, as bookmarks but might still help you. I documented the options here: http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... ia-centre/
mark1234 - thanks for that link. I knew about the Skip functionality but didn't know about the Fast Forward or (what I'm sure my wife and I are going to love) the Play functionality.

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:55 pm

Ack wrote:mark1234 - thanks for that link. I knew about the Skip functionality but didn't know about the Fast Forward or (what I'm sure my wife and I are going to love) the Play functionality.
No probs. It's only the Play option that I ever use.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft