No keyboard entry at Lineups

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
jaimeknapp

HTPC Specs: Show details

No keyboard entry at Lineups

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Just did a clean install for the first time on Win7 that has been running WMC with a 4-tuner Ceton PCIe and 2-tuner hauppauge on an antenna over 5-years. I subscribed and have two lineups at SchedulesDirect, OTA & TWC digital with properly selected channels.

When I launch EPG123 config, with my SD login & password, it shows my expiration date correctly so I know I am logged in. The lineup shows my zip code 78217 OTA. When I select lineups and try to add, the zip code entry box will not accept keyboard entry.

The area for create scheduled task will also not allow entry, so I cannot select automatically match stations to channels.

In EPG123 Client, under schedule task, Client mode is selected and "Ready the task has not yet run. Exit 0x0000001." I have tried Delete, but it always come back the same.

In WMC, all my channel names and numbers show up properly and about guide data indicates it has 2-weeks of data from SD, but there is no program information for any channels in WMC.

Wife is getting anxious. What am I missing here?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

jaimeknapp wrote:When I select lineups and try to add, the zip code entry box will not accept keyboard entry.
There is no reason the text box not to accept keyboard entry. So to follow along, you are clicking the [Lineups] button, clicking the [Add New] button, and trying to enter a zip code in the Postal Code text box and it is not accepting anything? Does the text box have focus? You've clicked the text box and see a cursor?
jaimeknapp wrote:The area for create scheduled task will also not allow entry, so I cannot select automatically match stations to channels.

In EPG123 Client, under schedule task, Client mode is selected and "Ready the task has not yet run. Exit 0x0000001." I have tried Delete, but it always come back the same.
The creation and deletion of the task can only be done when running the GUI with elevated privileges. When you click a button with the shield on it, it will close the current window and open a new one as administrator. In order to create/delete, you will need to click the button again. If you want to avoid all that, just run EPG123 as administrator.
jaimeknapp wrote:In WMC, all my channel names and numbers show up properly and about guide data indicates it has 2-weeks of data from SD, but there is no program information for any channels in WMC.

Wife is getting anxious. What am I missing here?
In the client GUI, click the Automatch by: [# Number] button to subscribe your listings to the channels.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:34 pm

garyan2 wrote: There is no reason the text box not to accept keyboard entry. So to follow along, you are clicking the [Lineups] button, clicking the [Add New] button, and trying to enter a zip code in the Postal Code text box and it is not accepting anything? Does the text box have focus? You've clicked the text box and see a cursor?
I see the blinking cursor in the entry box.
garyan2 wrote: The creation and deletion of the task can only be done when running the GUI with elevated privileges. When you click a button with the shield on it, it will close the current window and open a new one as administrator. In order to create/delete, you will need to click the button again. If you want to avoid all that, just run EPG123 as administrator.
Run as Admin, the delete button does open entry for a new time, but as above, no keyboard entry is displayed. If I leave it at 00:00, hit save & execute, it completes, but since only the OTA channels are displayed, the CC channel data is not entered. I do now have program data for the OTA channels.

I checked and .NET 4.5.2 is the only .NET installed.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:57 pm

I've never heard of anything like this. I'm assuming you are using a wireless keyboard ... does it work with any other program? notepad?
- Gary

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Thought of that and connected a USB keyboard which functions properly.

I have started back through a clean install again.

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:31 pm

Running a Clean Install run as Admin.

After the WMC Tuner setup, coming back the EPG Client, the only lineup listed is "EPG123 Lineups with SchedulesDirect" and it displays only my OTA channels.

There is still no keyboard entry in the Zip code window of configuration and its lineup displays "Local Over The Air Broadcast (78217).

In WMC About Guide shows 14-days of EPG123 for the CC only. In Guide, I have data for my OTA channels, but not any CC channels.

WAF is about to force me back to Rovi data.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:52 pm

jaimeknapp wrote:Running a Clean Install run as Admin.

After the WMC Tuner setup, coming back the EPG Client, the only lineup listed is "EPG123 Lineups with SchedulesDirect" and it displays only my OTA channels.

There is still no keyboard entry in the Zip code window of configuration and its lineup displays "Local Over The Air Broadcast (78217).

In WMC About Guide shows 14-days of EPG123 for the CC only. In Guide, I have data for my OTA channels, but not any CC channels.

WAF is about to force me back to Rovi data.
There is nothing about the GUI that will prevent you from using a keyboard. So let's check off a few things to clear some ambiguities...

Reference the graphic below:
In the configuration GUI, only Lineup 1 is populated with Local Over The Air Broadcast (78217) and lineup tabs 2 - 4 are empty
You click the [Lineups] button in the configuration GUI which brings up the Subscribed Lineups window
The Subscribed Lineups window only shows | ATSC | Local Over The Air Broadcast | 78217
You click the [Add New] button which brings up the Lineup Search window but you can't type anything into the Postal Code text box?
In the client GUI, on the right side for the EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct lineup, you only have the OTA channels selected in the configuration GUI.
Attachments
lineup.png
- Gary

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:58 pm

In the configuration GUI, only Lineup 1 is populated with Local Over The Air Broadcast (78217) and lineup tabs 2 - 4 are empty
You click the [Lineups] button in the configuration GUI which brings up the Subscribed Lineups window
The Subscribed Lineups window only shows | ATSC | Local Over The Air Broadcast | 78217
You click the [Add New] button which brings up the Lineup Search window but you can't type anything into the Postal Code text box?

That is correct.

In the client GUI, on the right side for the EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct lineup, you only have the OTA channels selected in the configuration GUI.

That is also correct.

I have run out of time and have uninstalled EPG123 and going back through WMC to use Rovi for now. At my age, I am not going to sleep outside. I am just disappointed after using EPG123 on another machine with OTA only and looked forward to this change. The target PC is nothing special, only used for WMC with its 4 extenders. You can see it in my profile.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:05 pm

I can certainly appreciate your position ... don't want you sleeping in the dog house. The root of all this is the keyboard not working and I would guess it is disabled in some manner.

On your other station, can you add the cable lineup to your schedules direct account, just as you would on the other machine? If you can add it there, then it will now be part of your account and will be ready for your production station.
- Gary

jaimeknapp

Post by jaimeknapp » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:41 pm

While having your programs open, I opened a text editor and it responded properly, both USB & wireless.

The other WMC machine has only an OTA tuner and is run only occasionaly. Schedules Direct already had both my OTA and CC channel lineups, already cleaned of non-subscribed or non-interested channels before I installed EPG123 on either WMC PC.

On my OTA only machine, I just launched EPG123 config as Admin and the lineup search does accept my zip properly, accepts my TWC Digital selection and populates the Lineup 2 grid accordingly.

The interesting thing is that on the main PC, WMC would use the actual selected channels, ignoring those not selected at SD even though EPG config only had my OTA lineup. It would also tune them properly as well, just no program data. Also about guide listing in WMC indicated CC as my TV Signal, but I had data only for my OTA channels, even though its lineup was not indicated in about. Odd.

FYI, it has identical Logitech wireless keyboard & rodent as the main media PC. I appreciate your help.