Comcast Lineup change today

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
groucho111

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast Lineup change today

Post by groucho111 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:34 pm

just information, I live in Fishers, Indiana (just north of Indianapolis) and our comcast lineup changed today. LOTS of channels not just a few.
I already notified Schedules direct for those using EPG123 like myself. I'm guessing this would be a nationwide channel number change, not just local.

https://www.xfinity.com/channelneighborhoods/?zip=46038

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Yup, I live in Columbus and ours changed last week. I put in a ticket with SD over the weekend but haven't heard anything other than the initial followup.

The Rovi guide IS working, though. I switched over temporarily to be able to watch Walking Dead Sunday.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:52 pm

And just like that I got a response from SD, heh. I spoke too soon.

groucho111

Post by groucho111 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:01 pm

Did SD say they had the line-up fixed/ updated for you? I got an initial email from someone at SD saying they were working on it and they would let me know when they had finished updating the lineup. That was a a day and half ago. Haven't heard anything else yet. I checked the lineups for my ZIP code and it does not reflect the changes either.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:02 am

Comcast didn't notify our upstream of the changes, and lots of lineups got changed in a flash cut. (Apparently a lot of users didn't know either) If you received a response that I've started the process, then it's already handed off to Comcast / Gracenote to determine what the new lineup needs to be, build the lineup, and populate it with data.

It usually takes at least 2 business days if it were an isolated lineup change, but in this case it will take slightly longer because of how many lineups are invalidated.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:41 pm

rkulagow wrote:

Comcast didn't notify our upstream of the changes, and lots of lineups got changed in a flash cut. (Apparently a lot of users didn't know either) If you received a response that I've started the process, then it's already handed off to Comcast / Gracenote to determine what the new lineup needs to be, build the lineup, and populate it with data.

It usually takes at least 2 business days if it were an isolated lineup change, but in this case it will take slightly longer because of how many lineups are invalidated.

Yeah, Comcast really messed up. There were local news stories about it and a lot of irate people heh.

Pillz_Doughboy

Post by Pillz_Doughboy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:25 am

One of the bad things about this reorganization is that Comcast moved some of the HD channels onto numbers that aren’t even on the current guide. I have found no way to in the interim manually add a channel from a digital tuner to allow its usage in WMC. Has anyone else found a work around for this? I can temporarily reassign a channel’s listing source for those that do at least have the channel listed as something else.

groucho111

Post by groucho111 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:24 pm

Just checked and my Comcast line-up and it has been updated! Thanks rkulagow!