v1.1.11 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
dbailey75

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by dbailey75 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:56 pm

garyan2 wrote:I'm not familiar with the Ceton drivers, but I guess it is possible that they could apply the fix automatically, but from reports I've seen from other InfiniTV users the fix has to be applied again after a Step 1 Clean Start.
I'm new to EPG just installed last night using the Ceton ETH, had issues as well with the 4 tuner limit, now that I've read some of the documentation, I actually needed to complete the tuner/signal setup completely, and then exit out, but I stopped the process when I only saw 4 tuners, and clicked the yes button to increase the limte to 32, but media center still showed 4 tuners, at that point I just reinstalled the ceton drivers, chose the repair option, and I was back in business.

Now that I think about it, it might be easier to just reinstall the ceton drivers, some times media center is a little slow with the setup, drivers install quickly, and then complete the setup MCE setup.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:37 pm

When I did this last year with two Primes for six tuners I had to re-run Tuner Salad when switching to epg123.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:39 pm

dbailey75 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:I'm not familiar with the Ceton drivers, but I guess it is possible that they could apply the fix automatically, but from reports I've seen from other InfiniTV users the fix has to be applied again after a Step 1 Clean Start.
I'm new to EPG just installed last night using the Ceton ETH, had issues as well with the 4 tuner limit, now that I've read some of the documentation, I actually needed to complete the tuner/signal setup completely, and then exit out, but I stopped the process when I only saw 4 tuners, and clicked the yes button to increase the limte to 32, but media center still showed 4 tuners, at that point I just reinstalled the ceton drivers, chose the repair option, and I was back in business.

Now that I think about it, it might be easier to just reinstall the ceton drivers, some times media center is a little slow with the setup, drivers install quickly, and then complete the setup MCE setup.
Don't know if this had a play in your failure to see more tuners after EPG123 applied the tweak, but the proper sequence is below starting from a clean WMC database:

1. Open WMC and perform TV Setup with only 4 tuners. You can actually cancel the tuner channel scan as long as you click OK or Finish at the end... this commits your tuners into the database.
2. Close WMC.
3. Apply the tweak to increase tuner count.
4. Open WMC and perform TV Setup again, this time for real with up to 32 tuners per type.

Rules:
Tuners must already be in the WMC database to apply the fix to.
WMC will not recognize the higher number of tuners until it has been reopened after the tweak has been done.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

dbailey75

Post by dbailey75 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 am

[quote="garyan2"]
1. ... click OK or Finish at the end... this commits your tuners into the database.
quote]

Gary, thanks for the quick response, i'm sure this is the step I missed, I may have just closed MCE. I'll be a little more patient this weekend on my second system.