Missing channels

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
sjr

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing channels

Post by sjr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:30 pm

I guess this may be an issue from Schedules Direct but this looks to be where all the talk/info is.

I just installed epg123 and it seems to be working good except for a few channels are now missing from my guide. For the most part this is fine since they almost all are channels I don't watch but I am missing a couple that I do watch. If I manually add them into wmc, they show on the channel guide as just the channel number with "no data available" listed in the guide grid. But I am able to watch the channel fine if I select it, this though means I have no idea when things are on the channel. It is now called the Olympic Channel, I am forgetting the name of the channel before.

On the lineup selection part the channel is not among the several hundred that are listed. I have selected both the Comcast cable and digital options (though it appears the digital one has everything that the cable one has listed).

Like I said there are a few that are missing, I have not gone through them all yet to see what they actually are, though I will not bother with any sd channels since well who cares about sd channels.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 pm

sjr wrote:I guess this may be an issue from Schedules Direct but this looks to be where all the talk/info is.

I just installed epg123 and it seems to be working good except for a few channels are now missing from my guide. For the most part this is fine since they almost all are channels I don't watch but I am missing a couple that I do watch. If I manually add them into WMC, they show on the channel guide as just the channel number with "no data available" listed in the guide grid. But I am able to watch the channel fine if I select it, this though means I have no idea when things are on the channel. It is now called the Olympic Channel, I am forgetting the name of the channel before.

On the lineup selection part the channel is not among the several hundred that are listed. I have selected both the Comcast cable and digital options (though it appears the digital one has everything that the cable one has listed).

Like I said there are a few that are missing, I have not gone through them all yet to see what they actually are, though I will not bother with any sd channels since well who cares about sd channels.
Could you post the contents of your trace.log file for your last update? What's the zipcode you use for your Comcast lineup and I'll take a look if I can see anything.

The quick question, though, is in the EPG123 GUI, do you see the station in the listings there?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:39 pm

My suggestion would be to compare your channel lineup for your zip code (available at Comcast's website) against the SD list in EPG123. If channels are missing start a ticket with SD.
Comcast is moving it's channel lineup around nation wide in roll out fashion. My HD channels are moving from the 800's to the 1000's on up. SD is aware of the rollout and adjusting lineups accordingly.
If your Zip Code is one of the one's affected SD will have to update your lineup. They had to do mine before I could tune any channels in the 1000+ range for me.
newfiend~

sjr

Post by sjr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:05 pm

The zip code is 55369.
And no in the EPG123 gui I do not see the channel 208 listed there. I had unselected several channels to start with but added everything back in the last time I ran the lineup part (208/Olympic channel was not unselected before it was mostly spanish language channels and ppv channels).
I tried to attached the trace.log file but when posting it said that is was not allowed to post.

For newfiend's post I have looked around SD's website and finally found where I can check the lineup data they have, and they are missing channel 208 on the listing. Later when I have some time I will go through the others that appear to be missing. I know Comcast had put duplicate versions of most channels up above channel 1000 that are not appearing at all on SD's list.

I am fairly sure this is not a epg123 issue but a SD issue.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 pm

Yah, checked your lineup and Comcast says channel 208 is Universal HD. Recommend you open a ticket with SD and identify the channel(s) missing.
- Gary

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 pm

There's no such thing (Universal HD) anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_C ... ed_States)

"
In June 2017, NBCUniversal announced that Universal HD would be shut down on July 14, 2017, and replaced by Olympic Channel
"

dcastar

Post by dcastar » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Hi Guys -- I'm having difficulty with guide listings / missing channels etc.

Firstly, SD does not have FIOS listed for my zip code, (02132) however I've chosen the next zipcode over. (This matches the same FIOS provider (FIOS Boston - Burlington) listings as my zip code). However, on the right-side listings of channels, SD seems to be missing out on 50+ very popular channels. IE; it's not populating the guide for E!, MTV, Vice, BBC, and many of the HBO / Starz, etc....

Not sure what I should do... as the listings provided here by SD / EPG123, aren't really filling what's missing from the current guide difficulties with the MSFT provided guide.

Please advise - and thank you kindly for your help!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:17 pm

dcastar wrote:Hi Guys -- I'm having difficulty with guide listings / missing channels etc.

Firstly, SD does not have FIOS listed for my zip code, (02132) however I've chosen the next zipcode over. (This matches the same FIOS provider (FIOS Boston - Burlington) listings as my zip code). However, on the right-side listings of channels, SD seems to be missing out on 50+ very popular channels. IE; it's not populating the guide for E!, MTV, Vice, BBC, and many of the HBO / Starz, etc....

Not sure what I should do... as the listings provided here by SD / EPG123, aren't really filling what's missing from the current guide difficulties with the MSFT provided guide.

Please advise - and thank you kindly for your help!
Definitely uncharacteristic for Gracenote to be missing a lineup. Please submit a ticket to SD.
- Gary

sjr

Post by sjr » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Update from the missing channels I had.

I did a ticket with SD and they got back right away saying they would add the 208 channel listing and to let them know if there were others and what they were. I was going to get the rest today or Saturday when I had a bunch of free time, but it looks like I won't have to as I got an email yesterday that they had updated 208 in the info, so I did a quick guide update and now it looks like they may of gotten all the other channels too. I saw the over 1000 channel numbers which were not on the guide now look like they are all there, these are just duplicate channels of other channels lower down, I guess Comcast is going to move everything to that range? But in a way it is better for how they list since now old channels like NBC which is 11 on sd, then they had 232 for NBC HD, but moved that to 811 is now listed as 1011 (and still 811) but 1011 it better for remembering than 811 or really 232.

Either way the epg123 part worked just as described right away and now the Schedules Direct part seems all good too. I just started using this with the last round of channel guide issues and this seems like it will work well. Once I have decided this is all good for the permanent fix over the next about 2 weeks I will send some paypal money to the epg123 paypal link.