Latest Working Version of Guide Tool?

DanCallaghan

HTPC Specs: Show details

Latest Working Version of Guide Tool?

Post by DanCallaghan » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Does anyone have a download link for the most recent working version of Guide Tool (I think it's 1.4)?

Also has anyone else noticed that the Rovi guide, recently, is no longer showing accurate listing data? This may be old news, but here in the Dallas - Fort Worth metroplex guide data for PBS (13.1) shows Agatha Raisin at 7 pm Saturday July 8 but last week (and likely this week again) it was a different show. There have been many other similar guide inaccuracies recently.

Thanks, Dan

Space

Post by Space » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:08 pm

Gary put links to them on his website (look on the right side of the page):

http://epg123.garyan2.net/?page_id=461

Updates to the Rovi guide have been few and far between (even before this recent outage regarding HD channels), so it's possible that late changes simply never made it to your WMC box due to updates not occurring for several days. It's also possible that Rovi is just wrong...

DanCallaghan

Post by DanCallaghan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 pm

Space, in other posts I read the most recent version of Guide Tool was 1.4. On Gary's page 1.1.10 appears to be the latest. Is there more than one utility named "Guide Tool"?

Thanks

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:11 am

No, the Guide Tool links are on the right side of the page under "Useful Programs" and are provided by Gary as a courtesy (he did not develop them).

The 1.1.10 version you see is for the download of EPG123 (a program that allows you to replace the Rovi TV listings in WMC with the better quality listings provided by Gracenote) which is a totally separate program that Gary developed.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Speaking of The guide tool, I paid/donated so I can open advanced features, I tried to activate it and it's saying "no server found" any work-a-round for this ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012