No guide data in WMC after EPG123 install

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
denschwee

HTPC Specs: Show details

No guide data in WMC after EPG123 install

Post by denschwee » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 pm

Hello! I'm new to this forum and program EPG123. I have a membership with Schedules Direct and installed everything the correct way on my PC for the WMC guide data. I was wondering once completing the EPG123 configuration, if the guide in WMC is to show the data immediately, because mine isn't. Do I have to wait for the time I scheduled the update to occur for it to happen? Again, I'm sorry if I sound confusing, but I was tired of not getting my guide data through WMC. Please help me if you can. A million thanks!

[Moderator note: Topic moved to EPG123 subforum. Duplicate topic deleted.]

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 pm

You need to post this in the EPG123 specific subforum. Lots of help available there. That said, did you do a save&execute when you finished setting up EPG123? You should have seen a popup with progress bars as the data was retrieved and loaded.

denschwee

Post by denschwee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:00 am

Yes I did. It completed flawlessly, but I still saw NO DATA in all the channel fields in WMC. Thank you for directing me.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:30 am

If you open the EPG123 Client, you should see EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct on the right and all your tuner channels on the left. If so, you just need to link the guide listings to your guide channels by clicking the Automatch by: [# Number] button on the left side tool strip.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

denschwee

Post by denschwee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:03 am

Hi Gary! Thanks for responding. I checked all my channels and clicked saved and execute. It went through a process of building data etc and then completed. Sorry, I just downloaded your program today. I'm new to this. More specific help would be so appreciative. Thank you.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 am

If you look at page number 9 of the installation guide you will see a figure of the epg123 client. Do you see channels on the right side in the Lineup Services or is it empty?

If it is empty, then the guide listings were not imported into the database. You can click [Manual Import] button to do it manually.

If it is populated, just click the Automatch by: [# Number] button at the top of the Guide Channels panel on the left side of the GUI.
- Gary

denschwee

Post by denschwee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:41 am

I don't see what is in your pdf. Left side up top shows my Schedules Direct Login info/password. Under that the Configuration panel and under that Scheduled Task. Automatically import guide into WMC and Automatically match stations to channel are both checked, but are not active; they are grayed out. It says Ready. The task has not yet run. Exit: 0x00000001.

Right side shows 4 tabs: Lineup 1, 2 ,3 4. Under that my cable company name and City location. By the way, I'm using a cable card for my tv. Under that, I see all my channels properly listed, Station ID, and Names. All check boxes are checked beside each channel. I'm sorry this is so frustrating for me. I followed your video tutorial to the tee. Do I need to start the whole process over?
Also, I noticed that I don't have a .mxf file.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:07 am

denschwee wrote:I don't see what is in your pdf. Left side up top shows my Schedules Direct Login info/password. Under that the Configuration panel and under that Scheduled Task. Automatically import guide into WMC and Automatically match stations to channel are both checked, but are not active; they are grayed out. It says Ready. The task has not yet run. Exit: 0x00000001.

Right side shows 4 tabs: Lineup 1, 2 ,3 4. Under that my cable company name and City location. By the way, I'm using a cable card for my tv. Under that, I see all my channels properly listed, Station ID, and Names. All check boxes are checked beside each channel. I'm sorry this is so frustrating for me. I followed your video tutorial to the tee. Do I need to start the whole process over?
Also, I noticed that I don't have a .mxf file.
Sorry, everything is in the EPG123 Client (epg123Client.exe).
- Gary

denschwee

Post by denschwee » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:38 am

I got it!! YES YES! Works perfectly. Thanks Gary. The problem is I never initiated the EPG123.mxf file at the beginning. After doing so, it worked perfectly! Thanks again!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:42 am

Awesome, and you're welcome!
- Gary

ekw

Post by ekw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:52 pm

I just wanted to post that I was having a similar issue.
when I did the automatch by number, it fixed it for me as well.

I had thought that it was a failure of the ehome directory being cleared, as when I looked in C:\Windows\ehome it was chock full of directories & files, some dating back to 2009, which made it unlikely that it had been cleared out.

I did not get any error messages during the install, or notices to start in safe mode.
Should I assume (ho, ho) that I will be fine, or should I be looking at deleting out that directory & reinstalling?

I am running an old htpc on Win7 w/ Ceton 4 tuner card, if it matters.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 pm

Are you sure you were looking at the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome folder? The code should "fail" clearing the ehome folder if it could not delete all the files and folders. The C:\Windows\ehome folder is certainly full of all kinds of files dating back to 2009 for Win7.
- Gary

ekw

Post by ekw » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:35 pm

actually, I'm sure I was NOT in the directory you indicated.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome

I was definitely in
C:\Windows\ehome

when I went to the directory that you posted, it indicated
1) the files were all new, as of this morning
2) I have no idea what I'm doing! :oops: but at least I know I don't, so I ask before acting.

if the instructions specifically say which "ehome" directory, then I apologize for not reading carefully.
if they don't, maybe you could add it. while it might be obvious to everyone but me, I really didn't know where to look, and found the wrong one first.

I appreciate your help & support.