Major Snafu with EPG123 setup

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Alan G

HTPC Specs: Show details

Major Snafu with EPG123 setup

Post by Alan G » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 pm

I went through the whole process of setting up epg123 and at the end when I restarted WMC it wants me to go through the whole cable card set up. I thought that this was something that was not affected. I am running a Win7 machine with a Hauppauge! two channel tuner. I did read the bit about the Hauppage! hardware but that button was blocked and and the dialogue box as per the picture in the User's Guide said Not Installed. I have everything downloaded now but the question is what to do next. Do I have to contact Verizon and set this stuff up again?//

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:59 pm

You do not have to contact Verizon. Your CableCard and tuner are already paired together on their system. Yes, re-running the LiveTV setup wizard is part of the EPG123 installation.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Alan G

Post by Alan G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:09 am

OK, I went through that and got the television back but there is no epg123 guide that loads. When I hit the guide command it goes through the WMC diaglogue box asking if I want to accept the Terms of Service for the original Guide that I deleted. I think there is an issue of getting the epg guide to show up. I'm at a loss as to how to trouble shoot this.

Alan G

Post by Alan G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:24 am

I rebooted the PC and restarted WMC. I now have a guide that is completely empty. I've looked at all the settings and everything seems to be in order but it's as if WMC has not imported the epg guide.

Alan G

Post by Alan G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:42 am

Success. There must have been a glitch in the original set up with importing the guide. I ran the lineup again and this time I got the import progress box which I didn't before. Guide is now loaded and every thing appears to be OK.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:01 am

Yep, no import progress, no guide data. Did you check the boxes in the EPG123 GUI labeled "Automatically import guide data into WMC" and "Automatically match stations to channels" ?
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Alan G

Post by Alan G » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:05 am

Scallica wrote:Yep, no import progress, no guide data. Did you check the boxes in the EPG123 GUI labeled "Automatically import guide data into WMC" and "Automatically match stations to channels" ?
Yes, everything was checked. At the same time I was doing all this, there were Windows updates being downloaded (though that shouldn't affect anything). Anyway, it took a little longer than a half hour to get things configured properly but I've been putting the guide through its paces and it seems to be fully populated. I've set up some recordings but don't think I'll see any problems from here on out. Sent a contribution to Gary for putting this together. Free from ROVI at last!!!