Question about moving to EPG123 and DRM

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
okuturn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Question about moving to EPG123 and DRM

Post by okuturn » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:37 pm

With the current problems with the guide on WMC I'm interested in moving over to this solution. I couldn't find reference to this so I thought I'd ask. I see the installation prefers a "clean install". Will this affect the cablecard DRM activation that is already in place on my machine? I have a lot of recorded DRM material and if it changes I'm screwed on trying to view of course. Any feedback would be helpful.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:12 am

Reports are DRM is safe. That stuff is handled outside the epg database.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:29 pm

I've done the "clean install" for EPG123 many times and it has never broken my DRM recordings.

testmonkey

Post by testmonkey » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:29 am

Just a few more questions PLEASE:
I have MyMovies working perfectly with hundreds of movies and TV seasons. Any issues?
My wife and I do a bunch of recording HD TV to be time shifted. Any issues? What about fast forwarding threw commercials. Any issues?
What about CableCard DRM? What about already "recorded DRM" that we have? I do know I will have to redo my series recordings.
What about TV station logos from "MCL/My Channel Logos". Any issues?

How about a swift kick in the ass? Instead of the "back rub" :clap: :lol: I will try NOT to be pain.
To be jumping off the fence in the next week or so.

I will do this with a donation for your hard work and support.....I feel there is no "FREE LUNCH".

Gary Thanks in advance.

Milwaukee Wisconsin 53220 Spectrum
Standing on the Shoulders of Giants

KarterJK

Post by KarterJK » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:47 pm

testmonkey wrote:Just a few more questions PLEASE:
I have MyMovies working perfectly with hundreds of movies and TV seasons. Any issues?
My wife and I do a bunch of recording HD TV to be time shifted. Any issues? What about fast forwarding threw commercials. Any issues?
What about CableCard DRM? What about already "recorded DRM" that we have? I do know I will have to redo my series recordings.

How about a swift kick in the butt? Instead of the "back rub" :clap: :lol: I will try NOT to be pain.

I will do this with a donation for your hard work and support.....I feel there is no "FREE LUNCH".

Gary Thanks in advance.

I use MyMovies also, and it doesn't affect it t all

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:32 pm

testmonkey wrote:Just a few more questions PLEASE:

How about a swift kick in the butt? Instead of the "back rub" :clap: :lol: I will try NOT to be pain.

Gary Thanks in advance.

EPG123 is strictly about the guide listings. All plug-ins and WMC functionality is untouched* (except for no longer downloading MS/Rovi data).

MyMovies ... good.
Playing past recordings ... good.
FF and RW ... good.
DRM future ... good.
DRM past ... good.
MCL logos ... will need to be rematched, but still functions the same.

*deleting the eHome folder will wipe out some tuner modifications to increase the number of tuners allowed by WMC. This is for TunerSalad, Ceton drivers?, ... there are some other threads on how to handle those.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io