Problems getting EPG123 Guide to Show in WMC win7

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
rronne

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problems getting EPG123 Guide to Show in WMC win7

Post by rronne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:18 pm

I have now tried twice and I must be doing something wrong, but I can not figure out what.
I tried very carefully to follow the installation pdf. My machine:
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 with standard Windows Media Center Installed
Ceton InfiniTV4
HD Homerun (3 Channel)
Ceton Echo

My problem is that after I believe I have accomplished the full install I still do not have any program listings in the guide. (Channels there just says "No Data Available"
If I look at the C:\windows\EPG123 directory and look at the EPG123.mxf file with notepad It looks to me that I have all kinds of information in the file, and I believe it has the data there, but it does not show up in the WMC guide. Is there a way to force the guide to pick up the information from the EPG123.mxf file? What am I doing wrong in the installation process?

Because my wife has given me such a hard time about the TV being down, I have to restore from an image backup and all works as before, but because of some problem that happened with my guide listing a week ago, I only see the guide information for mostly the SD channels and not most of my HD channels that I watch all the time. (That is why I was trying EPG123) I need to cancel my subscription to scheduledirect.org real soon if I can not make this work.

Any Help?
I first tried with version 1.1.10 and then just this morning at 4am my time I tried a second time with ver. 1.1.9 Same results no available data for all of my channels.
Last edited by rronne on Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:24 pm

There are 2 things that need to happen at this point to populate the guide. That mxf needs to imported into the database, and the guide listings need to be matched to the tuner channel. Both can be handled in the client GUI.

Open EPG123 Client, click the [Manual Import] button, and select the epg123.mxf file.

Once the import is complete, and the right panel refreshed with the "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" selected in the combo box, click the Automatch by: [# Number] button.

The only left would be to ensure the Scheduled Task is setup to update the guide every day.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

rronne

Post by rronne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:47 pm

Thank you so much. I will give that a shot.

rronne

Post by rronne » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:19 pm

I was able to get it all working. Thank you so much! Now I have a better understanding of how this all works.

turbo111

Post by turbo111 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:37 am

garyan2 wrote:There are 2 things that need to happen at this point to populate the guide. That mxf needs to imported into the database, and the guide listings need to be matched to the tuner channel. Both can be handled in the client GUI.

Open EPG123 Client, click the [Manual Import] button, and select the epg123.mxf file.

Once the import is complete, and the right panel refreshed with the "EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct" selected in the combo box, click the Automatch by: [# Number] button.

The only left would be to ensure the Scheduled Task is setup to update the guide every day.
Great explanation by Gary! I appeared to have all setup properly, but NDA for all in MCE. After the manual import went OK, I clicked the Automatch by: [# Number] button and received an error (with some Diag numbers, and text indicating if I click Continue it will retry and ignore the error. This gave me a never ending "working loop" icon. Closed EPG123 client, restarted it, performed the 2 steps again and now the Guide is full. Seems to be a glitch that can be recovered from by closing the client, restarting it and doing the 2 steps.

turbo111