How do I update EGP123 from 102 to 119

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
spyke562

HTPC Specs: Show details

How do I update EGP123 from 102 to 119

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:44 am

Hello everyone...kind of new to epg.

So far working great however I noticed I am missing some guide data for a few channels. As I loaded epg to check things out I see there is an update.

I downloaded, extracted, and redid my settings in the new 1.1.9 bit from looking at the scheduled tasks it still points to my previous 1.0.2

How do I properly update and what can I do about those few channels missing guide data.

Thanks for any information!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:36 am

spyke562 wrote:Hello everyone...kind of new to epg.

So far working great however I noticed I am missing some guide data for a few channels. As I loaded epg to check things out I see there is an update.

I downloaded, extracted, and redid my settings in the new 1.1.9 bit from looking at the scheduled tasks it still points to my previous 1.0.2

How do I properly update and what can I do about those few channels missing guide data.

Thanks for any information!
Going from 1.0.2 to 1.1.9 (now 1.1.10) is a little more involved. Did you use the install package (epg123Setup_v1.1.9.exe)? or the portable package (epg123_v1.1.9_w7/w8.zip)?

In the folder where v1.1.9 was installed, there is a PDF file name epg123UtilityReadme.pdf ... follow the instructions to upgrade.

To address the task, since you didn't install v1.1.9 on top of v1.0.2, you will have to delete the task and create a new one using the v1.1.9 GUI.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

spyke562

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 am

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the update. Since my last post I went ahead and ran the installation package for 1.1.10 for Win7. I deleted the old scheduled tasks and now see a new one created. After running through the 1.1.10 setup and setting all my settings the same from my previous 1.0.2 portable package I had NO guide data at all now. I even ran the new task manually and I still missing about 80% of my guide data.

You or anyone offer remote assistance ;)

Any tips on what I should do next steps?

Thanks....

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 am

Sorry, boards have been hectic and I missed your response. I suggest you open the EPG123 Client and click the Automatch by: [# Number] button and see if that gets you back.
- Gary

spyke562

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:36 am

Hey no problem...i tried so many thing I still cannot get this to work. I actually work in IT as a systme admin and still cannot grasp this setup lol.

I got to the point where i am running through the guide and and starting with the Clean Start button.

Thanks again for your replies...i will post back shortly.

spyke562

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 am

ok so either going through the Clean Start or Automatch by : #Number did the trick. I now have most of my channels back with logos and guide data!

However I now noticed there are quite a few of Guide Channels not checked on the left side in the Client Guide Tool. the same channels that are unchecked are also missing from the right side (Lineup Services). They were there before, how can I get all the Guide Channels checked and showing up on the Lineup Services?

Thanks again for your help!
Attachments
Untitled.png

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:19 am

spyke562 wrote:ok so either going through the Clean Start or Automatch by : #Number did the trick. I now have most of my channels back with logos and guide data!

However I now noticed there are quite a few of Guide Channels not checked on the left side in the Client Guide Tool. the same channels that are unchecked are also missing from the right side (Lineup Services). They were there before, how can I get all the Guide Channels checked and showing up on the Lineup Services?

Thanks again for your help!
If they are missing from the right side, then you don't have them selected for download in the EPG123 GUI. Remember this note from the guide:
9. For each subscribed lineup in the tabbed panel, select the desired stations to download guide information for by checking the box next to the station call sign.

NOTE
Stations that are common within and between lineups are linked. This means that if a station is selected for download in one lineup, it will also be selected in the other lineup(s). The same is true when a station is de-selected.
You may have removed the channels you are wanting while thinking you were just removing a channel number.

What lineup are you using and I will check to make sure those other channels are available.
- Gary

spyke562

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:33 am

ahh good point. i check the EPG123 GUI and i do not see the unsubscribed channels in the list. I have attached another screenshot. So maybe I had an outdated list? I doubt I watched those channels anyway ;)

but from the screenshot you can see that i am missing channel 67, channels in the 70s and 80s. I think the lineup i am using is Comcast Suburbs - Digital (New Castle)?
Attachments
Untitled2.png

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 am

That's the lineup you have with Comcast. The empty channels are actually empty... nothing to see here.
2017-07-06.png
- Gary

spyke562

Post by spyke562 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:33 am

Oh wow good catch...I should have looked at the actual line :wtf:

Thanks again for your help and replies!

I will keep an eye on things going forward.

This all started because I lost some guide data on a few channels and I noticed some other channels had their channel logo reverted back to and old logo.

For example I lost guide data for the Syfy and Hallmark channel (an important one for the ladies).

And the MTV Live channel logo went from an updated logo to the old Palldia music channel logo.

When I went to update EPG I jacked Everything up.

But thanks to ur help and some troubleshooting I think I am back in action.

Thanks again...