My Reinstallation

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Cavebat

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Cavebat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:38 am

garyan2 wrote:
Cavebat wrote:garyan2, yes you can review the contents of a lineup without actually subscribing, I learned. Sign in, go to My Account, Add a new lineup, input zip, unlike the other columns used to click and add, the right most, no header, column is a preview lineup clickable link which opens a new window with the listing.
Yah, I meant within EPG123. Possibly right-click on a list item and bring up the lineup's stations similar to what you can do on SD's website.
Gotcha, that would be cool. Thanks for the welcome, I'll be here on the couch, being a greenbutton potato.

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:23 pm

Ugh! I don’t know what happened. Woke up this morning, hit my green button, no guide, not even showing on the WMC menu. I went through the Set Up again, “I do not agree” to the guide. Closed WMC, opened EPG123 Config., (lineup still there) Save&Execute. Opened WMC, guide now back on menu, click guide, No Channels pop up dialog box with options to Set Up or Cancel. Went through set up again “I do not agree” to the guide. Nothing. All of this is making me feel stupid and frustrated.
FYI, I have my other issue of; Ceton InfiniTV 4 PCIe Firmware Updates Question, currently going on over at Ceton infiniTV Tuners.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:34 pm

In the epg123Client GUI, are there any channels in the left panel? If so, click the Automatch by: [# Number] button. See if that helps.

If you don't have any channels in the left panel, then there are no merged channels / tuners not setup.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:08 am

I just updated my Ceton Diagnostic Tool from 1.1.7.2 to 14.4.6.21. Now, going to EPG123 Config, my channel lineup is gone, and when I try and click on Lineups, my previous uploaded one is there, I check the box, hit apply&exit, nothing happens, no lineup is displayed. Of course then, in the EPG123 Client, nothing there.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:18 am

Looks like the AWS servers are having problems. The response streams are being disconnected before EPG123 can read them. I've alerted SD of the issue.

Unfortunately, that pretty much means no one is doing any updates at this moment in time.
- Gary

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:26 am

Okay, at least I know it is not me or my system this time.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:09 am

If this is still happening to you at this time (2017-06-24 @ 9:09P CDT) then please open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website. I'm seeing normal traffic levels on the servers.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:12 am

^Obviously got a quick response from SD ... Just checked and everything looks fine for EPG123 now and had a clean run.
- Gary

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:58 am

Yes, now I have my lineup back in EPG123 Config. But going to EPG123 Client, No Lineup Services, even after hitting refresh lineup, therefore, nothing happens when Automatch by #.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:03 am

Cavebat wrote:Yes, now I have my lineup back in EPG123 Config. But going to EPG123 Client, No Lineup Services, even after hitting refresh lineup, therefore, nothing happens when Automatch by #.
Try a manual import. If there is nothing on the right in "Lineup Services", than it sounds like you are not importing the mxf file. If the manual import still doesn't work, take a look at your trace.log file and/or post it here to look at for the last 1 or 2 attempts.
- Gary

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:04 am

Crap! Something else is going horribly wrong I think. I keep getting these dialog boxes popping up about unhandled exceptions. Both when trying to launch "Go to InfiniTV Device Webpage, and Refresh Lineup.
Attachments
2017-06-24 (2).png

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:05 am

This is getting way out of hand for me I think.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:07 am

You went out of sequence in the install. You're going to have to everything again to include Step 1 and make sure you do not import the mxf file until after you have performed the TV Setup in WMC.
- Gary

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:13 am

Okay, I'll start over by following the EPG123 Installation and User's Guide.

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:45 am

I'm sorry, but I'm getting the same results, and Manual Import is grey. I have my lineup back in EPG123 Config. But going to EPG123 Client, No Lineup Services, even after hitting refresh lineup.
I don't think that these error dialog boxes popping up (this is just happening new today) whenever I try and run programs is doing me, my system, or you anything good. They always refer to JIT Debugging. Trying to look up, understand, and resolve this issue on the web, does not help, over my head...
Attachments
2017-06-24 (5).png

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:55 am

Another thing, in my haste of trying to get everything re-working again, I might have picked up some nasty crap off the www. (Surprise! NOT)
I just did a Malwarebytes scan, and it found 2,066 items, which I'm now cleaning up.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:22 am

The manual import button will be greyed out if there are no devices in the WMC database. This basically means there are no tuners setup in WMC so no merged channels to tune to or attach guide listings to. These errors are only generated when trying to access a database that has guide listings imported before or without tuners setup.

I have a video on the website to show how to get through the setup quickly. The best I can say at this point is make sure you follow the guide.

FYI: next version of EPG123 will ensure the above scenario will not be possible. I will now be checking the devices in the database prior to performing a guide import.
- Gary

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:52 am

I'll try again. This time, I will uninstall EPG123, then reinstall, then setup, following the video carefully.
You know, I thought I was getting pretty close to getting everything working as before my OS reinstall. I did get EPG123 working so my guide in WMC was displaying my lineup. I could click on a program, view, and record it. I only needed to figure out why most of my channels would not tune. I was going to try and resolve that today, but when I woke up, something happened over night, and everything was messed up as I started posting in #22.
I've been working on this now for a week, almost every waking hour, only stopped one day to go visit my parents, and it looks like another wee hours of the morning is ahead of me.

Cavebat

Post by Cavebat » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Just like to report back in. I had to take a break from all this, it was literally driving me crazy. Turns out most of my problems were self inflicted. I did so many little things wrong after reinstalling Win 7 that it made it almost a certainty that my TV Setup was going to fail. I conceded my failures and haste, and started over re-reinstalling my op sys, taking my time and care to do it correctly. Everything seems to be operating normally now. I had almost a week and a half without WMC, went through withdrawals, and began recovery, but I'm back on the GB wagon. One good thing, I caught up on my Netflix & HBO GO programing! Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll be around.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:12 am

Make a System Image immediately after you get a working WMC. Actually I do a few.

1) after a basic OS
2) after all the updates
3) after all the drivers

If I mess something up, restore point or system image takes me right back to where I was before the screw up.

Go to Help...Type System Image and Restore Point...and follow the directions.

While you are in there....

1) turn on System Restore
2) Increase the cache size of Restore Points (I use max)

Anytime you plan to make a change to WMC or your OS, Do a quick Restore Point before every change.

I usually try a bunch of different drivers for Nic and Video adapter. The newest driver is not always the best choice.

Example... My Video adapter runs best with a Windows Update version from 2011. My (Nic) Network Adapter is using a 2012 version from the manufacturer.