My Media Center does not use default recording settings

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
nairnmonster

HTPC Specs: Show details

My Media Center does not use default recording settings

Post by nairnmonster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi,

My issue is when using MMC to set recordings, it does not use the default recording settings within WMC. It starts the recording at the broadcast start time, not the 5mins early set within WMC. Is there a setting within MMC I have missed?

WMC records fine if recordings are setup from within WMC.

Thanks

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:27 pm

This is a bug that they're never going to fix. The only workaround I've found is to go to the Television tab->Scheduled Recordings->*Recordings set with MMC*->Settings, change the start and stop time there and hit save.

nairnmonster

Post by nairnmonster » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:33 pm

RyC wrote:This is a bug that they're never going to fix. The only workaround I've found is to go to the Television tab->Scheduled Recordings->*Recordings set with MMC*->Settings, change the start and stop time there and hit save.
Shame, great app for a great software. Wish WMC hadn't been killed off.
That will do me, thanks.

xclratn

Post by xclratn » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:48 pm

So this just started happening with my system. I recently rebuilt my system and it now no longer starts recordings early. Prior to the rebuild it worked great. When I go to the settings mentioned above from RyC, the start early option doesn't even exist. It used to be there.

Yes it is in the recording defaults.

Why would it have just disappeared after a rebuild.