Mouse cursor no longer visible

poit57

HTPC Specs: Show details

Mouse cursor no longer visible

Post by poit57 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:25 am

I've been using Windows Media Center in Windows 8 since Windows 8 first launched. Just recently, I've noticed that when I use my wireless keyboard with touchpad, the mouse cursor is no longer visible in WMC. The cursor appears normally on the Windows desktop or when running any other program. I'm not sure what changed, but I'm wondering if there are any tips to get the cursor back.

The mouse actually does still work in WMC. Whatever menu selection the mouse is hovering over will become highlighted - even the minimize, restore, and close buttons in the upper right corner when in full screen mode. The issue is that I can't really tell where my mouse cursor is located until it happens to pass over a selectable item on the screen. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 am

Using Google, the most common solution to this is to disable "Display Pointer trails" in Windows settings. Not sure if this pertains to you or not.

If that doesn't work, I would encourage you to Google for "mouse cursor invisible wmc" to find other troubleshooting possibilities.

poit57

Post by poit57 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Thank you. That worked.