v1.1.3 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:56 am

stuartm wrote:Note that if you want the other benefits of MCL like adding rows/more time to your guide you still need it.
I use both those features.
True, and is why I still use it (for the additional rows ... don't particularly care for the addition hour).

EDIT: Guess I should note, I've never had great success with the MCL automatch since I only have OTA. I've always made custom logos when needed.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

NathanP2007

Post by NathanP2007 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:29 am

Okay, so it isn't updated automatically again. Here is what I get when I open EPG123.exe after the time specified for it to update:

"Could not start. Last run: date/time. Exit: 0xFFFFFF"

Any idea what is going wrong?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:38 am

NathanP2007 wrote:Okay, so it isn't updated automatically again. Here is what I get when I open EPG123.exe after the time specified for it to update:

epg123 returned a -1 exit code. There should be something in the trace.log file to describe what happened.
- Gary

NathanP2007

Post by NathanP2007 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:45 am

garyan2 wrote:
NathanP2007 wrote:Okay, so it isn't updated automatically again. Here is what I get when I open EPG123.exe after the time specified for it to update:

epg123 returned a -1 exit code. There should be something in the trace.log file to describe what happened.

I found the issue: [3/6/2017 9:24:19 PM] [ INFO] A program recording is currently in progress. Aborting the mxf file import.

I need to set it for a time when I am not recording anything.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:55 am

NathanP2007 wrote:I found the issue: [3/6/2017 9:24:19 PM] [ INFO] A program recording is currently in progress. Aborting the mxf file import.

I need to set it for a time when I am not recording anything.
Yah, I put that in there because there were reports, which I was only able to reproduce once, that an mxf import during a record will interrupt the recording session. Rather not update for a day than to lose a scheduled recording.
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:39 pm

garyan2 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:I was under the impression My Channel Logos wasn't needed anymore. Is that the case or do I need to install it as well?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
True, but it takes some work. The channel logos need to be in the .\logos folder (names appropriately for each station) in order to be embedded in the mxf file. Once that is setup, then any WMC that imports the mxf file will have the channel logos as well.
OK. I must be missing something here. I tried putting the logos in what I think is the correct logos folder. I found two. One in MCL folder and one in the eHome folder. I assume it's the one in the MCL folder.

When you say "a little work" I'm starting to think you mean A LOT of work? Are you saying I need to match every single channel manually in MCL?

That really doesn't make sense to me if SD labels the logos the same way they are labeled in the guide.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:25 pm

OK.. I've been on to some other things like more work on my Home Automation with VeraPlus and setting up IP Security Cameras with Blue Iris and haven't been here in a bit. This is up to 1.1.3 now and I'm still back on 1.0.2. It just works and I'm having trouble seeing a reason to upgrade given my serious time constraints and not wanting to take up residence in the Igloo with our dogs because if there's no way to DVR and time shift the WAF will fastly approach zero.

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I'm still back on 1.0.2. It just works and I'm having trouble seeing a reason to upgrade
Don't.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 99&t=10733
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:24 am

Scallica wrote:Don't.
Ouch.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:36 am

Sammy2 wrote:OK.. I've been on to some other things like more work on my Home Automation with VeraPlus and setting up IP Security Cameras with Blue Iris and haven't been here in a bit. This is up to 1.1.3 now and I'm still back on 1.0.2. It just works and I'm having trouble seeing a reason to upgrade given my serious time constraints and not wanting to take up residence in the Igloo with our dogs because if there's no way to DVR and time shift the WAF will fastly approach zero.
There are some improvements, but nothing to run to. You could still use the new epg123Client ... just leave the epg123.exe behind if you don't want to do the transition.

BTW: If you use automatch, than I am 99% sure you won't need to run the utility to go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.3.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 am

kd6icz wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:I was under the impression My Channel Logos wasn't needed anymore. Is that the case or do I need to install it as well?

True, but it takes some work. The channel logos need to be in the .\logos folder (names appropriately for each station) in order to be embedded in the mxf file. Once that is setup, then any WMC that imports the mxf file will have the channel logos as well.
OK. I must be missing something here. I tried putting the logos in what I think is the correct logos folder. I found two. One in MCL folder and one in the eHome folder. I assume it's the one in the MCL folder.

When you say "a little work" I'm starting to think you mean A LOT of work? Are you saying I need to match every single channel manually in MCL?

That really doesn't make sense to me if SD labels the logos the same way they are labeled in the guide.

The logos folder is the [epg123]\logos folder. It is in that folder that any .png files with call signs for filenames will be embedded in the mxf file. If the folder doesn't exist (it won't automatically), create it.
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:59 pm

garyan2 wrote: The logos folder is the [epg123]\logos folder. It is in that folder that any .png files with call signs for filenames will be embedded in the mxf file. If the folder doesn't exist (it won't automatically), create it.
Ok. So I created the logos folder and moved the logos from the sdlogos to just the logos folder. Still no logos.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

kd6icz wrote:
garyan2 wrote: The logos folder is the [epg123]\logos folder. It is in that folder that any .png files with call signs for filenames will be embedded in the mxf file. If the folder doesn't exist (it won't automatically), create it.
Ok. So I created the logos folder and moved the logos from the sdlogos to just the logos folder. Still no logos.

If the checkbox to use the .\logos folder is true, the next successful update will embed the images in the mxf file, and a successful WMC import will put them in your guide.
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:29 pm

garyan2 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:

If the checkbox to use the .\logos folder is true, the next successful update will embed the images in the mxf file, and a successful WMC import will put them in your guide.
Ok. I clicked "Save & Execute" but no logos.... Box is checked. It hasn't done an update since I installed it on Sunday either but reading some of your other posts I moved the time it updates in the event something was recording. Made it some odd ball time a little after 5am.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:49 pm

kd6icz wrote:Ok. I clicked "Save & Execute" but no logos.... Box is checked. It hasn't done an update since I installed it on Sunday either but reading some of your other posts I moved the time it updates in the event something was recording. Made it some odd ball time a little after 5am.

With the Save & Execute, was the mxf file updated successfully? Did the new file get imported into WMC successfully?
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm

garyan2 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:Ok. I clicked "Save & Execute" but no logos.... Box is checked. It hasn't done an update since I installed it on Sunday either but reading some of your other posts I moved the time it updates in the event something was recording. Made it some odd ball time a little after 5am.

With the Save & Execute, was the mxf file updated successfully? Did the new file get imported into WMC successfully?
I just executed it again and in did write the mxl file to the hard drive but did not import it to WMC. No shows were recording.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:02 pm

kd6icz wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

I just executed it again and in did write the mxl file to the hard drive but did not import it to WMC. No shows were recording.

I don't believe you have the 'Automatically import ...' option selected in the scheduled task panel. You can also manually import the file using epg123Client.exe GUI.
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:19 pm

garyan2 wrote:
kd6icz wrote:
garyan2 wrote: With the Save & Execute, was the mxf file updated successfully? Did the new file get imported into WMC successfully?

I don't believe you have the 'Automatically import ...' option selected in the scheduled task panel. You can also manually import the file using epg123Client.exe GUI.

That's what I have checked.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:40 pm

That's all you need on the GUI. As long as the files in the .\logos folder are PNGs and names are the callsigns (i.e. 5MAX.png, ABPNWS.png, ACMAXP.png, ...), they will be embedded in the file.

Have you tried the manual import to verify the import completed? You may have to restart WMC to see the logos ... not sure.
- Gary

kd6icz

Post by kd6icz » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:13 pm

Ok. It finally imported into WMC and now the logos are there. Now I have to invert all the black logos with white background to white logos with black background so they show up.