ATI All-in-Wonder-HD on Windows 8.1

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
Sharks

HTPC Specs: Show details

ATI All-in-Wonder-HD on Windows 8.1

Post by Sharks » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:52 am

Hello,
I was curious if has had luck getting ATI All-in-Wonder-HDs working on windows 8.1 as a tuner and/or with FM radio? I've installed it in my system and the video output portion of the card works but tuner of portion doesn't show up regardless of which drives I try and install.
Thanks,
-Sharks

Sharks

Post by Sharks » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:29 am

I figured I should update this, after my best efforts, there is no solution I found on how to get Windows 8.1 to recognize the card. That being said I've decided to install Windows 7 as I believe it will be quite a bit more useful than Windows 8.1 in the long run for WMC. I also have seen some promising results from others on getting the card recognized on Win 7 so I will let you guys know if that holds true.

dab2kab

Post by dab2kab » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:15 am

I can confirm the all in wonder hd tv tuner and fm radio work on windows 7. I dont know if it was my configuration, but i would commonly get, please wait searching for tuners... from the card, and it would also crash other tuners sometimes. So i stopped using the all in wonder tuners when i moved to windows 8.1.