Opinions about Surface Pro 3

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
john321

HTPC Specs: Show details

Opinions about Surface Pro 3

Post by john321 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:34 am

Hello,

I don't speak up often, but I'm a long-time WMC user. I'm homesteading on Windows 7, and everything works fine for me.

When the Microsoft Surface Pro came out several years ago, I tried it out at my local Best Buy... and I LOVED IT.

However, I was unwilling to spend that much money on a tablet/laptop.

Fast forward to today...

I just purchased a factory refurb Surface Pro 3 for a really great price. I haven't received it yet, but it will come with Win 10 pre-installed.

I don't intend to use it for Media Center, even though I could probably make WMC work on it. Honestly, I'm happy watching TV on my TV's (connected to my HTPC and X-Box 360's). I'm not much for watching videos that are longer than a few minutes on a handheld device.

I've also ordered a Type Cover (used), and a protective case.

Can you share your experiences with the Surface Pro 3???

Any recommendations on "must have" apps?

I'm venturing into unknown territory (for me). Other than my work laptop... all of my prior computers have been desktop PC's. I can see this thing replacing my personal desktop PC.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by adam1991 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 pm

where did you get this good price? I've been interested in something like that. Not sure if I want a Book or not, but a simple Pro at a good price is intriguing.

(Dear Apple: please pay attention to the words written above, as they come from a 30 year Macintosh user who to date happens to have a Windows machine in his house only because of WMC. But you've screwed up so badly, I can't see another modern Mac coming into my house at this point. And consider how many Mac users I represent with this opinion.)