Comcast NBC Boston Channel Change From 807 to 810

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
bobr31

HTPC Specs: Show details

Comcast NBC Boston Channel Change From 807 to 810

Post by bobr31 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:41 am

Saw the FIOS NBC channel post and I have exactly the same issue with Comcast. On 12/31/16, NBC moved from 807 to 810 but the EPG still shows Telemondo programming on 810. 807 correctly shows 807 programming as a local Boston all news station. Channel 810 is broadcasting NBC and I can record shows by manually putting in the channel number and time of the program I want to record..

I have listed the issue several times on Microsoft Connect, but not sure if anyone still checks that site. Any suggestions on how to notify Rovi of the issue or to correct it on my own. Thanks!

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:19 am

In the past I've send email to ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com and they have fixed the lineup issues I had. I don't know if this still works since Rovi is now called TiVo.

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:24 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Just sent them a note about the issue. Will post if I get a reply.

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:26 pm

Did some research and found a Sept 2016 article announcing finalization of rumored deal between Tivo & Rovi. Rovi now owns Tivo.

"...Rovi has closed its $1.1 billion acquisition of TiVo, and now the new company, which will retain the TiVo brand, will move ahead to an integration phase that will shape the company’s organization as well as the fate of a product lineup that spans user interfaces, DVRs and other video devices, and a collection of search and recommendation services and technologies."

Also found a site where TIVO EPG issues can be reported .. https://www.tivo.com/lineup.html .. and submitted my channel issue. Got a case number response by email with a promise of a response

Thank you for contacting the TiVo Customer Support Team.
Case wwwwww
Subject: "Comcast Channel Change NBC in Boston 807 to 810 on WMC EPG Guide"
Your email has been forwarded to the appropriate work group. All requests will be handled within 5 business days unless you are notified otherwise.

Great News! You may View Product Documentation, Create New Cases and Check the Status of your existing cases via TiVo Resources. Simply log into https://resources.tivo.com. If you are a first time user, please click the Register button to sign up for access.

If you have an urgent issue that requires immediate attention please call the Customer Care line at 1-800-725-1233.

I'll post any results

Space

Post by Space » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:41 pm

Yes, this is old news, and if you follow the forums over on tivocommuity.com you will find that submitting lineup changes to them through that link has mixed results and can take weeks to see any change (if you see it at all). http://www.tivocommunity.com/community/ ... ns.542760/

It appears that changes that one user submits sometimes adversely affects other users (channels removed, etc.), but this is mainly with over the air lineups, as Rovi/TiVo does not have a good way to split up different areas of reception. This usually results in the OTA lineups having hundreds of channels of which any single user can only receive a small fraction, which means you have to disable hundreds of channels. Occasionally new ones pop up that you have to quickly disable or risk your recordings being attempted on that new channel, that you don't actually receive, instead of the one that you do.

Micmann

Post by Micmann » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:13 am

I use WMC with a cable feed from Comcast. As you said WHDH is no longer with NBC effective yesterday in the Boston market. Comcast listing issue: NECNHD moved from 810 to 840, guide channel and programming listing is correct. WBTSHD added to channel 810 on 12/1/16, call sign listing is correct, but shows listed in guide are incorrect. WBTSHD 810 guide listing is currently non NBC Spanish programming when it should as of 1/1/2017 be listing all NBC shows. WBTS-TV COZI should have been added on 12/1/16 to 935 but there is no 935 channel even listed. Bloomberg HD should have moved from 916 to 844 on 12/1/16 but has not. On 12/30/16 WWDP-TV should have moved from channel 10 to 81 but has not with WBTS-TV being added to 10 but has not.

I have done repeated guide updates with not corrections. I have re-setup MC and still no corrections in guide.

I also tried submitting a ticket with TiVo, but how did you get past 15 digit TiVo number? I don't actually use Tivo but a WMC DVR.

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:06 pm

Good specific summary of the issues. I have exactly the same setup as you with WMC/Tuner(CetonTV4)/Comcast.

I dummied up the Tivo number field to get the request submitted. I got an automated response back with a case number. I'll post what response, if any, I get from Tivo.

Micmann

Post by Micmann » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:58 pm

I just submitted a ticket as well. No sure if it will help, but the more of us that submit the issue may move the problem to the top of the pile.

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

I just heard back from TIVO DATA Client Services (see below) that they have corrected the guide issues and are uploading the revised EPG for the Boston area. I'll post in the next couple of days with further results. If this works, a new email for reporting TIVO EPG issues is metadatasupport@tivo.com

-----Original Message-----
From: DATA Client Services [mailto:metadatasupport@tivo.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2017 10:36 AM
To:
Subject: RE: Comcast Channel Change NBC in Boston 807 to 810 on WMC EPG Guide

Good Morning Bob,

I received confirmation from our channel lineup team that the channels/feeds have been corrected. Please allow 24-48 hours for the corrections to be uploaded and if you have any further issues please don't hesitate to let us know.

Thank you,

TiVo Data Support

Micmann

Post by Micmann » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Thanks for the update! I'll run guide update over the next couple days as well and see what happens.

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm

On Charter/Spectrum in MA, I had to re-run the setup to get all of this fixed on the SD numbers and HD numbers. But after doing that, it was all "correct"...AMAZING!

bobr31

Post by bobr31 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:20 pm

sbaeder wrote:On Charter/Spectrum in MA, I had to re-run the setup to get all of this fixed on the SD numbers and HD numbers. But after doing that, it was all "correct"...AMAZING!
Thanks for the heads-up. I was waiting until Monday to rerun setup. Just ran it now and everything is up to date and correct. Excellent. I will be using metadatasupport@tivo.com to report EPG issues in the future as the response and corrective action I got was terrific.

Micmann

Post by Micmann » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:25 am

sbaeder wrote:On Charter/Spectrum in MA, I had to re-run the setup to get all of this fixed on the SD numbers and HD numbers. But after doing that, it was all "correct"...AMAZING!
I was running guide update the past few days with no success. Thanks for the heads up. Just re-ran setup and channels are now good.

Thanks bobr31 for reaching out to Tivo. I'll keep that email address on file and hope it's never needed.

Micmann

Post by Micmann » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:40 am

May start a new thread, but i figured I would begin here since this may be a local issue in the Boston Comcast market related to this thread. After the NBC/WBTS/WHDH switch from Comcast 807 to 810 I now get pixelated images. This particularly happens with a fast moving scene or when camera views change. It's only when viewing channel 810 through media center or a previously recorded show from channel 810. All other channels are fine and channel 810 is fine when viewed directly from Comcast without going through Media Center. Typically this is a sign of signal strength at the TV or device being to low from poor wiring, bad splitters, bad connectors or low signal from the cable company. But my cable card has virtually equal dB and signal to noise ratio on all channels including 810. If the dB is too low it would seem to make sense it should happen on all channels. Why 810 and only after this Jan 1st switch to WBTS? Any one else in this market and Comcast user with Media Center experiencing this?

sbaeder

Post by sbaeder » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:07 am

only 2 out of three - I have Charter (not Comcast)...and haven't seen any issues...It's probable that this channel has "worse" compression limitations. I see "crap" like that all the time on "the voice" when they flash a lot of lights or there is an explosion, etc.

john321

Post by john321 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:05 am

Thanks for the heads-up. I've been away from home for a while. My guide correctly shows the new 810 channel, but I've missed a couple of recordings that were set to record ONLY on 807.

I corrected those and will watch the missed episodes via other means.

holmes6

Post by holmes6 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:31 am

Micmann wrote:May start a new thread, but i figured I would begin here since this may be a local issue in the Boston Comcast market related to this thread. After the NBC/WBTS/WHDH switch from Comcast 807 to 810 I now get pixelated images. This particularly happens with a fast moving scene or when camera views change. It's only when viewing channel 810 through media center or a previously recorded show from channel 810. All other channels are fine and channel 810 is fine when viewed directly from Comcast without going through Media Center. Typically this is a sign of signal strength at the TV or device being to low from poor wiring, bad splitters, bad connectors or low signal from the cable company. But my cable card has virtually equal dB and signal to noise ratio on all channels including 810. If the dB is too low it would seem to make sense it should happen on all channels. Why 810 and only after this Jan 1st switch to WBTS? Any one else in this market and Comcast user with Media Center experiencing this?
I'm having the exact same issue. Please post again if you figure this out and I will do the same.

bobloblaw_NH

Post by bobloblaw_NH » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:22 pm

Micmann wrote:May start a new thread, but i figured I would begin here since this may be a local issue in the Boston Comcast market related to this thread. After the NBC/WBTS/WHDH switch from Comcast 807 to 810 I now get pixelated images. This particularly happens with a fast moving scene or when camera views change. It's only when viewing channel 810 through media center or a previously recorded show from channel 810. All other channels are fine and channel 810 is fine when viewed directly from Comcast without going through Media Center. Typically this is a sign of signal strength at the TV or device being to low from poor wiring, bad splitters, bad connectors or low signal from the cable company. But my cable card has virtually equal dB and signal to noise ratio on all channels including 810. If the dB is too low it would seem to make sense it should happen on all channels. Why 810 and only after this Jan 1st switch to WBTS? Any one else in this market and Comcast user with Media Center experiencing this?
Anyone figure out the source for this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem on my Win7 media center. Tuning is via cablecard and an HDhomerun Prime. Channel levels all look good using the Silicondust tools.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:57 am

Comcast Indianapolis has rearranged ALL of their freaking channels. <sigh>

Anyone else running into this issue? Wondering what the timeframe for a fix is for Schedules Direct or Rovi . . . really don't know if I feel like manually sorting what got moved to where.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:44 am

Have you already opened a ticket with us? This appears to have been a no-notice change from our perspective.

If you've opened a ticket, then it will take about 2-3 days once Comcast has sent our upstream the changes.