All of a sudden no RedZoneHD

Ask about SiliconDusts HomeRun tuners here.
maseline_98

HTPC Specs: Show details

All of a sudden no RedZoneHD

Post by maseline_98 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:33 pm

I went to turn on redzone and now I'm not getting it. The SD channel comes in fine so I called crapCast. They said I don't get high def because I'm not paying the HD technology fee. I told them that is the ONLY channel I'm not getting. And they're reply is we can add it for an additional $9.95!!!!! I haven't paid that fee since I stopped using their boxes 4 years ago and now all of sudden I have to pay it for it. This is nonsense! Anybody else getting saddled with this nonsense?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:41 pm

"We did an audit and found out maseline is getting redzone HD without paying for it! Of course we turned it off! And now he calls us CROOKS for not giving him something he's not paying for in the first place! We forgot to turn it off 4 years ago, and he's gotten it for FREE all this time, and now all of a sudden he thinks he's entitled to it? This is nonsense! Any other cablecos out there saddled with this nonsense from customers?"

(There are always two sides to every story.)

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:43 pm

The HD Technology fee is for THEIR equipment. I don't have any of THEIR equipment. And I DO pay for the sports package, which is ALSO $9.95. I'm ENTITLED to GET the SERVICES I PAY for.

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Oh...and of course, I told them that I will just will cancel my service and they said I have to call back tomorrow. My response, "So I can add services anytime, but not cancel services". "That is correct".

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:14 pm

adam1991 wrote:"We did an audit and found out maseline is getting redzone HD without paying for it! Of course we turned it off! And now he calls us CROOKS for not giving him something he's not paying for in the first place! We forgot to turn it off 4 years ago, and he's gotten it for FREE all this time, and now all of a sudden he thinks he's entitled to it? This is nonsense! Any other cablecos out there saddled with this nonsense from customers?"

(There are always two sides to every story.)
Do one for Wells Fargo when their practices were to open multiple accounts for people just add them fees....

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:53 pm

Hey, I just said there are always two sides to every story. I didn't put any value onto either side.

maseline_98

Post by maseline_98 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:08 am

Just wanted to pop back in and give an update. I called crapcast and amazingly enough got the exact same women after we realized we were missing even more channels now. She again insisted that I needed to pay the HD technology fee. This time I told her that I would rather cancel ny service than pay the fee. She transferred me to the billing section. I told the billing lady that I didn't know why I had all of a sudden pay for the fee when their website clearly states that the package that I have comes with the HD channels. She said the "website is wrong and I've been paying the fee all along"...I told her to do a quickly audit of my account and she would see that I had not been paying the fee....After a few minutes on hold she came back and said that she "didn't know why I wasn't paying the fee" and said she would lower my bill but then charge me the fee. I agreed that was okay, but truly insisted that I still should not be paying the fee because the fee is associated with the boxes and not the service. The next day, we still didn't have the channels we were missing so I called yet again and explained to another tech who seemed know more what he was talking about. I explained again and he ran a report and ny signal was low and said he would send out a tech to figure out why the signal was low. I told him it was "frustrating that me a consumer seems to know more about the practices than the techs I was talking to". He said "I was right about the fee" and that he would take if off my account. He said he "would note the fee as a training example"....I changed out all of my cables and it seemed to temporarily fix th problem so I canceled the tech call.