Harmony 300 & my movies, is it possible?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
Trouble

HTPC Specs: Show details

Harmony 300 & my movies, is it possible?

Post by Trouble » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi all

I am wondering if it possible to programme the harmony 300 remote to have a button jump to My movies

Would be even better if i could programme to jump straight to a filter i made for categories (kids film)
I wonder if its possible to hack 7mc to jump to my movies instead of movie section
i can see the harmony remote has a command for movies but i want ot jump to my movies

Buttom line i would like to programme the remote so my 4 year old can press one button and jump into her disney collection

Is it also possible to programme the favourites buttons for special commands instead of just the tv channels?

Almost the perfect remote and for 15.99 on amazon one of the cheapest

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:19 am

I use Autohotkey on the PC which when it detects a keyboard combination sent from the Harmony remote such as Ctrl+Alt+M it will either launch WMC in to My Movies or if WMC is already open it will just go in to My Movies. Can the Harmony 300 be taught IR commands? I doubt it but not sure, some Harmony remotes can be taught IR commands from other remotes, I used my MCE XP IR keyboard to teach my Harmony a keyboard command. If the Harmony 300 has no learning you could maybe use the "Windows Media Center SE" device in the Harmony software which has some inbuilt keyboard combinations such as Alt+1 and use Alt+1 with the AutoHotKey script to launch WMC / My Movies.

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index. ... ny-remote/

This blog post is old and where I talk about creating Windows desktop shortcuts this is not the way to do it, instead read the comments about using AutoHotKey instead.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

Trouble

Post by Trouble » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:11 am

yes the 300 you can teach IR commands
Did not think about setting up a keyboard to teach IR commands, nice workaround and i give it a go

So i guess i can launch straight into my media, anyone know now i could launch straight into a filtered view (in my case childrens films)

Getting much closer thanks cw-kid

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:15 pm

I'm not aware of a way to open my movies in to a filtered view but it could be possible ask on the my movies forums. I just enabled parental controls in my movies so when it opens on any PC / MCX you only see kids stuff until you enter the pin number.
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

tommo

Post by tommo » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Trouble wrote:yes the 300 you can teach IR commands
Did not think about setting up a keyboard to teach IR commands, nice workaround and i give it a go

So i guess i can launch straight into my media, anyone know now i could launch straight into a filtered view (in my case childrens films)

Getting much closer thanks cw-kid
If you go to to options in collection management, media center interface, movie library list type (right at the top), select Filter and the filter you want.