Sound cuts out could it be TV?

soccer4270

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by soccer4270 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 pm

After a week of messing with this I finally tried a fresh install of Windows 7. I didn't do the splitter as you suggested Crash just since I have had no time to get out to buy one with my toddler. Well long story short the fresh install of Windows did not help at all, and it appears the graphics card I had died. I cobbled together components of an older Mobo that has an intergrated graphics on the processor. Fresh install of Windows and I'm back to a different issue. Upon setup of Media Center (digital cable advisor, playready) I only get 3 channels. Even with the scan channels I only get the over the air channels and no cable channels. Ceton diagnostic decayed the cable card and everything is green. Any thoughts?
Attachments
image.jpeg

soccer4270

Post by soccer4270 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:14 pm

And of course the attachment would load upside down

soccer4270

Post by soccer4270 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

alright i was able to get all the channels to be detected. I cleared tuners, reset network settings, and discovered tuners (i might have already done that a few times before but hey 6th time is a charm right?) Now to sit back and see if i have audio issues again.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm

soccer4270 wrote:And of course the attachment would load upside down
It's going from bad to worse.

I was just going to say I think I figured out the problem..... your TV is upside-down :lol:

Space

Post by Space » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:52 pm

If you took that picture with an iPhone, you have to make sure the volume buttons are on the bottom when taking the shot. Video will also be upside down if you don't follow this rule. At least this is how it is with my old iPhone (4c), I assume it is the same with the newer models.

soccer4270

Post by soccer4270 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Crash- I had a good solid laugh with that comment!

Space- Thanks for the advice, I have always just pointed and shot with the iphone.

I left the TV on for a while with comedy central playing in the background, audio might have cut out briefly but was no more than a second or less if it did. I was doing some searching and installing of Emby again while it was on so I believe that was the cause of the brief sound cut outs.

Still wanting to test if my graphics card really did go bad (its less than a year old!), or perhaps if it the motherboard. Its definitely not the power supply as that is powering the new (old Mobo and integrated graphics processor). Good thing for never throwing out old tech when I upgrade.

soccer4270

Post by soccer4270 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:11 pm

After trying the graphic card in two other computer builds with different PSUs and motherboards, I have officially sent the graphics card in for RMA. This may have been the issue all along. Now either I can go over to microcenter and buy a used nice graphics card while I wait for mine to come back in 30 days or so and just keep chugging along with my on board graphics.....decisions decisions. :think:

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:23 pm

Crash2009 wrote:
soccer4270 wrote:And of course the attachment would load upside down
It's going from bad to worse.

I was just going to say I think I figured out the problem..... your TV is upside-down :lol:
OK, as God is my witness, here's the story:

High school electronics class, back in the dark ages. Teacher no one likes brings in a small TV that's acting funny, asks the electronics teacher to look at it. Sure. Why not.

The class fixes the TV, but of course nobody will let it stop at that. Before buttoning it back up, we did a quick 180 on the yoke.

The next day: "Everything's fine, but the picture is upside down. ???"

answer: "Well, did you try unplugging it from the wall and turning the plug upside down and plugging it back in?"

Moral of the story: in high school, don't be that teacher that nobody really likes.