What music player for my music collection ?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
kennyken

HTPC Specs: Show details

What music player for my music collection ?

Post by kennyken » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:10 am

I've just made the jump from Vista Ultimate X64 to 10 Pro.

I really liked Media Player 11, it worked well, nice layout and the "recently added" playlist gave me a nice blogroll format for all my newly added music. Now I got version 12 and it's rubbish ! The playlist is not working, and the player itself is just nowhere near as nice !

I'm looking to use a different player, something that is good at handling large music collections and offers good file monitoring ? What I mean by this is that the programs music library has some form of "recently added" blogroll kind of menu ?

I'm open to checking out anything to be honest... :clap:

spanner

Post by spanner » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:28 pm

foobar2000 http://www.foobar2000.org/. can take some work to set up but when it is its great. total customization bit perfect music and can be set up as server recognized by most apps, and even my Yamaha Receiver . I have tried several but stopped with Foobar

kennyken

Post by kennyken » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Thanks spanner that's what I've actually gone with. I have it as a portable application on my flash-drive and used to use it at college so I'm just setting it up how I like it to look and hopefully all will be good.

I was just trying the "Groove Music" player which seems nice but the CPU usage is all over the place.