Pixelation over VPN

roberto188@gmail.com

HTPC Specs: Show details

Pixelation over VPN

Post by roberto188@gmail.com » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:28 pm

I am running my windows media center over a VPN to view live TV from my HDHOMERUN tuners. My upstream and downstream bandwidth is over 50 Mbps over the VPN. When i manually tune to a station in windows media player it buffers for about 10 seconds then plays without issue. But when I watch it in media center it starts to play almost immediately and every 30-90 seconds i get brief pixelation of the picture. I have tracked it down to data packets being recieved out of order over my VPN. It would appear that with the windows media player buffer, this isn't' an issue as the buffer allows it enough time to correct the out of order packets, however windows media center appears to have virtually ZERO pre-buffer before it starts displaying the channel. Is there anyway to increase the pre-buffer in windows media center? Not the PAUSE buffer, but the pre-buffer. Please let me know. Thanks!

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:56 am

I use Win7-ServerWMC-Emby, to a HTML5 client, on a 100 down 20 up connection, with no problems. Are you sure your upload is 50?