Windows Media Center not showing Guide Listings

smartphone2016

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows Media Center not showing Guide Listings

Post by smartphone2016 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:46 pm

Hey everyone, yesterday when I was watching TV, I closed Windows Media Center and went to a different program for pretty much, 3 minutes. When I reopened WMC, a notification showed up saying that "Windows Media Center has corrected an error and will now download the guide listings." Not thinking anything about it, I clicked "Okay" and then watched a film on my PS3. However, when I went back to WMC this morning and opened the Guide, every channel said "Not Available" where the program name should be. I've done some research but I haven't found anybody who had the same problem and I was wondering if anybody on this forum could help me. If you can, thanks in advance.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Can you see the listings for your zip over at tv.com?

Are you in the USA?

If you select one of those empty EPG cells, will WMC play the show?
Attachments
TvDotCom001.jpg

angelino

Post by angelino » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:44 pm

Same here (Belgium). The guide end date shows as today (16-07-2016). Last time this happened, about a year ago, the guide returned after a few weeks...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Maybe you guys would get better ideas in the EPG Section.

Is the problem maybe related to other european country's such as the UK and France?

Also, look into the EPG123 option.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewforum.php?f=96

jeffandreson

Post by jeffandreson » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:28 am

I have a similar situation. I started WMC running on Windows 7 today and got confirmation that the TV guide had downloaded successfully. However, there is no program data for the channels. When I select a station and time block it will execute and pull up the station and play the program as before but, no information is showing for any channel.

I am in Pacific Standard time and using the Los Angeles OTA. I am able to pull up a complete guide on TV.com for my zip code 92683

I have reconfigured the TV setup on WMC with no change. I have already checked my internet connection and rebooted the PC with no effect.

Any suggestions?

AJNegron

Post by AJNegron » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:47 am

I was down to 2 days of guide data this past Tues. Started the trial of ScheduleDirect. Downloaded and ran EPG123. Love the new guide info, esp the series/episode option. More shows and channels have data now! Glad I made the leap.

AJNegron

Post by AJNegron » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:50 am

BTW, OTA Atlanta, USA

justin-UK

Post by justin-UK » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:01 pm

Having exactly the same problem in the UK. Have tried setting up the guide again a few times. re-scanning for services. Guide now been blank for at least a week. Anyone else having this problem?

When trying 'Get latest guide listings' WMC seems to think it has successfully downloaded them but nothing there.

I remember having something similar a few years back but it came back on within a few days.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:10 pm

justin-UK wrote:I remember having something similar a few years back but it came back on within a few days.
Might be different this time around.....

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 648#p95648

stairmand

Post by stairmand » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:37 pm

I've got no HD channel guide data for the last couple of days. Twice in the last year we have had an outage. Starting to tick me off. :evil:

champ

Post by champ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 pm

justin-UK wrote:Having exactly the same problem in the UK.
Same here.

RealHarlekin

Post by RealHarlekin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:24 am

Hello everybody. Just joined the forum to give something back ;)

I came here in search for a solution to the exact same issue. I set up a new machine to be my PVR and after configuring WMC the EPG remained empty and downloading it gave me the success message without yielding success. My old machine though still had EPG data for 2 weeks. I compared the two and the difference was the ZIP code as I moved in the meantime. I changed the ZIP code on the new machine from 01810 to 01843 and I received EPG data.

I got data for both ZIP codes on TV.com so maybe trying out a neighboring ZIP code will work for you. The downside is that I don't get all the channels but that's a task for another day.

James1955

Post by James1955 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:57 am

I live in Milwaukee, zip 53202, which stopped working last year, so I was using 53154 as my zip code, as it was the only one that downloaded a correct program guide. Now that zip code only downloads an incomplete guide. I have seven Silicon Dust TV turners so I am using the setup info to identify the channel that I am receiving and the appropriate turner frequency for that channel and I am adding my missing channel manually into the channel list in WMC. Apparently something has happened with the TV Guide service and Microsoft. What a shame. I hope it fixes itself. I would suggest you look and see if your Windows Update needs updating. That is my next thing to try.

BrianH5563

Post by BrianH5563 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:45 am

I also live in the Milwaukee area and was having the same problem. I tried rerunning the setup several times with different zip codes, but I kept getting only 4 channels, three of which were from Chicago and didn't even come in. Here is what I did to fix it. Maybe Rovi was fixed in the last day or so and I didn't need to do anything.

Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome and delete all the *.db files. I would first make backups of them, just in case. Then do a complete setup of Media Center from scratch. I used zip code 53217 this time, and I chose Milwaukee OTA and Surrounding rather than just Milwaukee OTA. I got the complete updated grid back! You will also get the Chicago and Rockford channels, but you can just delete them if you can't receive them.

beader55

Post by beader55 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:26 am

Thank you so much, saved me hours of frustration!
Also in Milwaukee.
BrianH5563 wrote: Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome and delete all the *.db files. I would first make backups of them, just in case. Then do a complete setup of Media Center from scratch. I used zip code 53217 this time, and I chose Milwaukee OTA and Surrounding rather than just Milwaukee OTA. I got the complete updated grid back! You will also get the Chicago and Rockford channels, but you can just delete them if you can't receive them.