Bizzare WMC 7 behavior (HDhomerunPRIME)

bananapeal

HTPC Specs: Show details

Bizzare WMC 7 behavior (HDhomerunPRIME)

Post by bananapeal » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:29 am

Howdy folks,

I lurk here often for troubleshooting but now this is beyond my research abilities... idk where else to turn but new thread.

Others with hdhomerunprime have no problem like this it seems.

I connect my prime to computer with the ethernet cord directly. it is set to make a static ipv4 connection. it works. quickTV (built in tuner app) works fine on all the non-DRM channels. instantly switching channels and showing them etc.

I recently reset my WMC and redid all the setup for cableCard.

i go to choose a channel from the guide, i get blank black screen. I see flashing light on the tuner but it never solidifies. ... then "No TV Signal detected" and then it blames my perfect cable connection (THE NERVE!!)

I have a shortcut for "watch live tv" command on the desktop. If I use this command, it goes into the tuner right away and displays any channel i want. I can now go to the guide and work from there... no more problems.

My question is: WHY???? How can it possible matter which button i use to start the program?? How? WHy? how do i make WMC work as advertized??

Please and thank you for your insights!

I have changed WMCreciever service to local account and to start on computer startup but no change in symptoms...

bananapeal

Post by bananapeal » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:07 pm

just to clarify i think this is simply the no signal problem folks have with wmc 7... i just can't understand why starting the tuner from "watch live tv" command is able to start it and otherwise not. what could possibly be the difference??

i think wmc is timing out before the tuner comes online. there are NO signal issues. ALL the cables are tight... maybe there are cables missing in the wmc7 devs brains...

idk what else to change. all the regedit hacks do literally nothing ... or the one that changes low signal threshold makes blank black screens even with watch live tv... idk... idk how this shit is so hard... it's digital effing cable... ones and zeros... software hardware... we can test before we ship garbage like this and monopolize the market with our drm ... is a noble thought that noone at microsoft seems to ever have had. :sick:

Scallica

Post by Scallica » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:58 pm

In the HD HomeRun Setup application, go to the Advanced tab and check the box labeled "Send diagnostic info". Reproduce the issue. Then, open a ticket with SD support and include your tuner ID and the date/time the issue occurred. They will tell you what is happening.
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct