Movie Library showing all video_ts files

pdean

HTPC Specs: Show details

Movie Library showing all video_ts files

Post by pdean » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:43 pm

I recently made some changes in my media center libraries because of a change in file location on a server and I cannot figure out why about 30 ripped DVDs now show in the Movie Library as nothing but hundreds of video_ts and other forms of the DVD related files. I have removed and add the library again and still the same. I made no change to the actual DVD folder structure other than changing the drive.

Attached is a screen shot. Earlier this week they looked fine. I just noticed when I plug a backup drive into another computer that normally does not run media center I get the same result. Did a Windows update do this.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

webminster

Post by webminster » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:27 am

Don't suppose you could be a little more detailed about the "some changes." Were these showing as expected in the Movie library before? What media libraries include the folder holding the files?
-Alan

pdean

Post by pdean » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:35 am

I had the DVD folder on a storage spaces drive which was a combination of two drives and that seemed to cause a playback problem so I got those drives back as two seperate drives and then copied the DVD folder from my backup drive which was made via the Windows file history. I am actually running win 8.1 and so this is in the wrong forum.

My backup drive at work was from file history