Any way to get the list of series recordings in a file?

w@ntonsoup

HTPC Specs: Show details

Any way to get the list of series recordings in a file?

Post by w@ntonsoup » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:37 pm

After myriad problems with my Ceton tuner, I reset everything and now WMC won't show me my list of series recordings, the history, or scheduled recordings. A symptom of removing the tuner I guess.

Anyway - is there a file somewhere on the PC that has a list of the series recordings? I may need to transition to another system and want to be able to recreate my list of recordings as closely as I can, and my memory is terrible :)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Space

Post by Space » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:00 pm

See here for where the backups are stored and how to reload your Series setup back in to WMC:

http://www.jamesrchadwick.me/2013/06/ba ... edule.html

The backup files are in XML (text) format, so you can also look in those files to get a list if you want to create each Series manually.

Note that this will not restore the "history" of recorded episodes for each Series, nor will it restore the user-viewable "history" that is just a log of activity on WMC (actually a subset of entries from the Event Viewer).

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:18 pm

w@ntonsoup wrote:After myriad problems with my Ceton tuner, I reset everything and now WMC won't show me my list of series recordings, the history, or scheduled recordings. A symptom of removing the tuner I guess.

Anyway - is there a file somewhere on the PC that has a list of the series recordings? I may need to transition to another system and want to be able to recreate my list of recordings as closely as I can, and my memory is terrible :)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Easy way to do it, look up SeansWMC backup..

http://seanmauch.com/seans-wmc-backup/

Run it on a system, backup scheduled shows (to a place where you will remember), when you rebuilt WMC, setup tuners but, DONT SCHEDULE anything. GO back in SeansWMC backup, restore shows, after a few guide updates, maybe a reboot, it all comes back.

Used it a few times, even used to go from WMC 7 to WMC 8.1... (a little tricky to do but, it does work). The Manual method does work as well, this way is quicker.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012