ATSC tuner is found but no channels?

Ken H

Location: Ann Arbor, home of the NCAA College Football National Champions!

HTPC Specs: Show details

ATSC tuner is found but no channels?

Post by Ken H » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:25 am

Windows 7 SP1 running WMC
AMD Phenom X4 9750 2.3GHZ
4 GB RAM
Radeon R7 240 GPU
Silicondust HD HomeRun Prime w/Comcast CableCard
ASUS 5188-7344 FENNEC ATSC PCI tuner card

The ATSC tuner suddenly stopped working, I moved it to another PC and it also did not work, so I figured it just went bad. Bought a new one and installed it, it shows up correctly in Device Manager. When doing a new set up for TV Signals, WMC only finds the CableCard tuners. I do a manual set up and WMC confirms 1 ATSC tuner and 3 CableCard tuners.

When I tune any of the ATSC channels I get the no signal message. I confirmed the signal from the antenna using a standalone ATSC tuner and it is fine.

Again, this is probably something simple but I'm just not getting it. Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

soccer4270

Post by soccer4270 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:46 pm

Perchance is one input FM signals and the other TV. I missed the connection once and received no signal input until I switched the cable connection :clap:

Ken H

Post by Ken H » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:08 am

soccer4270 wrote:Perchance is one input FM signals and the other TV. I missed the connection once and received no signal input until I switched the cable connection :clap:
This card has two RF inputs - one ATSC and one cable. I'm on ATSC.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:00 pm

Try checking the sources for a problem channel. Maybe it thinks the old tuner is still there and is trying to use it to tune the channel.

Ken H

Post by Ken H » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:11 pm

stuartm wrote:Try checking the sources for a problem channel. Maybe it thinks the old tuner is still there and is trying to use it to tune the channel.
Yes, already checked the sources, thx.

dejavux2

Post by dejavux2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:33 am

Cable companies are turning off the ClearQam channels. This is probably affecting you as well. Time Warner is going through this switch right now. Time Warner is calling it "All Digital", which turns out to be all encrypted.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 am

ATSC is OTA not clear QAM so I assume his ATSC tuner is connected to an antenna and any changes on the cable network should not affect it.

Ken H

Post by Ken H » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:22 am

stuartm wrote:ATSC is OTA not clear QAM so I assume his ATSC tuner is connected to an antenna and any changes on the cable network should not affect it.
Correct.

Like I said above, I also use a CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime for standard and premium cable channels.

dejavux2

Post by dejavux2 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:00 am

Ken H wrote:
stuartm wrote:ATSC is OTA not clear QAM so I assume his ATSC tuner is connected to an antenna and any changes on the cable network should not affect it.
Correct.

Like I said above, I also use a CableCard and HDHomeRun Prime for standard and premium cable channels.

Oops....my bad....sorry.... I misread the above.