Can't record KING HD in Snohomish County WA "copy never"

For questions regarding Co-ax wiring, and to complain about your cable co.
Gravydog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't record KING HD in Snohomish County WA "copy never"

Post by Gravydog » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 pm

If anyone else is using a Ceton Infinitv (4 pcie) on Comcast in Snohomish County WA I would like to know if you can record channel 105 (KING HD)? Starting about Feb. 25th all my recordings fail on that channel with an error that recording has been blocked by the provider. In the tuner's web page with channel 105 actually playing it shows copy protection as "copy never". I have never run into this in all the years since the Ceton card first came out and it has not affected any other channels including channel 5 (KING SD).

I have been corresponding with tech staff at the station and they don't think they are setting the copy protection on their end. They suspect Comcast is setting it but don't expect them to care about fixing it. If you have a setup like mine and are recording channel 105 on Comcast in Snohomish County successfully then the problem must be in my system somehow. I don't understand how anything in my system could affect only one channel in this way but I can't rule it out.

I would appreciate it very much if anyone has ideas on this, thanks.

Rob

RyC

Post by RyC » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:36 pm

In the tuner web page does the copy protection scheme say CGMS? If so, try updating to this firmware: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =68&t=8352

Gravydog

Post by Gravydog » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:44 pm

Man, do I love you! Yes, it was a CGMS error. I had seen reference online to firmware that ignored that but on the Ceton Diagnostics Tool Update tab I had the beta checkbox checked and it said there was no newer firmware so I had no idea there was "secret" firmware out there. It all looks good now, thank you so much.

Rob

johngray

Post by johngray » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 pm

I;ve been seeing the same thing. Thanks for the pointer.