WMC + NVIDIA trouble

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
BonsaiScott

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC + NVIDIA trouble

Post by BonsaiScott » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Bought a new Panasonic AE8000U while I wait for 4k to come down. Built a new HTPC / gaming machine to go with it: 10-core Xeon V2, 64GB DRAM, SSDs, pair of Titan Blacks in SLI, Windows 7 Ultimate, latest NVIDIA drivers.

First issue is 1920x1080 60p won't synch at 12 BPC either RGB or YCbCr. 8 BPC works fine for the desktop or PowerDVD 14. However, every time Windows Media Center goes full screen the projector looses synch and the screen goes blank. Doesn't matter what the pixel format is. Every once in a while it re-synchs for a second or 2, usually during commercials. After some investigation I determine it's any time the WMC window goes to 1920x1080, even in a window. Put the left edge of the window off the screen to the left, drag the right edge right and when it hits max (1920x1080), the projector looses synch. Keep the mouse button down, move it left so the WMC window shrinks a little, projector re-synchs and the picture is fine. Thought it might be an SLI issue, so I pull the second card, same behavior.

Pull the first Titan, drop in an AMD 7970, uninstall everything NVIDIA, install the latest AMD driver, first boot and the Panny shows 1920x1080 60p 10 BPC. Everything works (including WMC full screen) both RGB and YCbCr.

Anyone else see this? Know of a solution? I would very much prefer to use the Titans, particularly with my 2 pair of PS3 glasses arriving today, but WMC is more important for now. Nice thing is black level I can get with the AMD is noticeably lower. Bad thing is games are a tad bit slower ;-(

Crash2009

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:37 am

I bought a 3D projector in 2013. The only 3D I played through WMC was a Live Channel from Comcast and possibly a few BR rips. Blue Ray disks I played through TMT5. Not sure if you mentioned this or not, but my first complication was running 2 screens at the same time. One was 3D (the projector) and the other was a non 3D TV that was used as a monitor. If you haven't tried this all ready. Turn off the non 3D monitor, and start playing the 3D source using the Projector only.

Also I had to do a great deal of experimentation in the software (Power DVD) in your case, and in the Projector settings.

Have a look at AVS, they helped me out a lot.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digita ... rsion.html