HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:59 pm

Maybe it's time for a reset post 4.

Sounds like you got nothing to lose right now anyway

JOSEPH1949

Post by JOSEPH1949 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:08 pm

A quick reply now, more later.

Yes, I may have to look at post 4 and post 6 to fix my WMC. The kicker here is that I still can get 7.1 PBS. 99% of my watching is on PBS. In fact, I do not need WMC to watch PBS’ programs. I can use the internet to watch the programs—even though the programs can be time sensitive. I am not sure if I want to go through the aggravation of fixing my WMC when I really do not need it! If try to fix my WMC I may lose 7.1!

I will need to spend time with Crash2009 and dmagerl to get more details on their post 4 and post 6.

In the end I may decide to go with Windows 10 and forget about WMC. Or I could get a Xbox with WMC on it—bad !!!!!!! I will be looking into the situation to see if there is any advantage in paying for Windows 10 vs. getting Windows 10 for free. I do not trust Microsoft when they are giving stuff away for free.

Thank you.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:36 am

JOSEPH1949 wrote:A quick reply now, more later.

Yes, I may have to look at post 4 and post 6 to fix my WMC. The kicker here is that I still can get 7.1 PBS. 99% of my watching is on PBS. In fact, I do not need WMC to watch PBS’ programs. I can use the internet to watch the programs—even though the programs can be time sensitive. I am not sure if I want to go through the aggravation of fixing my WMC when I really do not need it! If try to fix my WMC I may lose 7.1!

I will need to spend time with Crash2009 and dmagerl to get more details on their post 4 and post 6.

In the end I may decide to go with Windows 10 and forget about WMC. Or I could get a Xbox with WMC on it—bad !!!!!!! I will be looking into the situation to see if there is any advantage in paying for Windows 10 vs. getting Windows 10 for free. I do not trust Microsoft when they are giving stuff away for free.

Thank you.
10 is free and so is wmc
Attachments
MyChannelLogos008.jpg