Metadata for a ripped blueray

golaat

HTPC Specs: Show details

Metadata for a ripped blueray

Post by golaat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:17 pm

I have TMT6 installed and have ripped 2 bluerays (the contents of the BDMV folder were copied to a into separate folders underneath WMC's My Movies folder). The movies display in WMC's My Movies and I can play them just fine -- however, they don't seem to display any metadata even though I have used Media Center Master to download this information. Is there someway to get metadata to display? 0000 for the name for both of them is not very helpful. See the attached screenshot.
Attachments
wmc.png
screenshot

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:53 pm

What do you use for Meta data on other movies ? I think if your using YAMM (one of the best movie managers for WMC), you can just name the folders by movie name and year then YAMM should take care of there reset.

For example the movie Fight Club would be named "Fight Club (1999) "

d:\movies\Fight Club (1999)\ <movie files>

It pulls it's META data directly from IMDB, if you search for a movie, then when the movie comes up, copy the movie name with date (larger text and smaller date), and use that to name your folders it's 99.9999% accurate....

It's a nice app, it still works, and it is one of those set and forget type of things...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

golaat

Post by golaat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:22 pm

I am using Media Center Master to pull the metadata for all of the movies. I can see the metadata in Media Center Master, but when I look at the movies in the My Movies library, they don't have any info. Media Center Master also pulls from IMDB.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:33 pm

golaat wrote:I am using Media Center Master to pull the metadata for all of the movies. I can see the metadata in Media Center Master, but when I look at the movies in the My Movies library, they don't have any info. Media Center Master also pulls from IMDB.
Sorry, I cant help more. I dabbled in Media Center Master a while ago but, I found YAMM did a no hands on 95% correct automatic setup, I could not pass it up... All I do is drop a movie in a folder in, as long as it's named exactly like IMDB, it adds meta data and art with out me doing anything...

If it shows in Media Center master correct, have you removed the folder from the WMC movie library, rebooted and re-added it to see if it re-indexes it correctly ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

golaat

Post by golaat » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:04 pm

What about home movies? I have a bunch of home videos I wish I could edit the metadata for.

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:50 pm

golaat wrote:What about home movies? I have a bunch of home videos I wish I could edit the metadata for.
I normally keep home movies in the Video Library myself, Not in the Movie library...but, no Meta data there at least as I know of...

You could always use YAMM for all your movies and put your home movies in a different folder. You can set YAMM to only watch some folders. Then you can use Media Center master for your "home" movies...

Just an idea...

You could have the best of BOTH worlds if you wanted to...
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave