v0.9.7 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:46 pm

glorp wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
glorp wrote:OK then. No need for a client batch file at all anymore. I'll just run epg123Client.exe local from the client's scheduled task instead.
That was the idea. Makes it a pretty simple implementation.
All the clients did a successful import/match/reindex today using epg123Client. Results were logged in trace.log again. Is the plan to add some configurable way to add the scheduled task for just clients or is that something better left up to the user to do for the Whole Home option? Just curious what you're thinking.
Yah, I'm just going to leave that up to the user. Too many variables, network architectures, domain/no domain, user permissions, etc.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon May 09, 2016 5:21 pm

Again, thank you for your vigilant efforts on epg123!

Now I know why it took a while.. Moving code from a subroutine to an outside executable call is no easy task and must have required a lot of testing for reliability before releasing it into the wild..

Jim-W

Post by Jim-W » Sat May 14, 2016 3:35 pm

I used to keep a back up copy of epg123.cfg as it contained only the channels I selected in my lineup which was awesome. The first time I did this it took about 30-45 minutes to wade through 600 or so channels to pick out and select the 100 or so we want.

Now I see that the 123.cfg contains every channel in my lineup :( . Where is epg123 storing just the selected channels and how can we backup and restore this? This task has always been a time consuming pain when starting from scratch.

Jim-W

Post by Jim-W » Sat May 14, 2016 3:39 pm

Jim-W wrote:I used to keep a back up copy of epg123.cfg as it contained only the channels I selected in my lineup which was awesome. The first time I did this it took about 30-45 minutes to wade through 600 or so channels to pick out and select the 100 or so we want.

Now I see that the 123.cfg contains every channel in my lineup :( . Where is epg123 storing just the selected channels and how can we backup and restore this? This task has always been a time consuming pain when starting from scratch.
Oh I think I see it now, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is a minus in front of the deselected channel IDs :D .

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:43 pm

Jim-W wrote:
Jim-W wrote:I used to keep a back up copy of epg123.cfg as it contained only the channels I selected in my lineup which was awesome. The first time I did this it took about 30-45 minutes to wade through 600 or so channels to pick out and select the 100 or so we want.

Oh I think I see it now, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is a minus in front of the deselected channel IDs :D .
Correct. A minus sign means "not" selected ... this is to support the auto-add feature. I need to know what has been selected and what has not been selected to determine what is newly added.
- Gary

Jim-W

Post by Jim-W » Sat May 14, 2016 4:58 pm

garyan2 wrote: Correct. A minus sign means "not" selected ... this is to support the auto-add feature. I need to know what has been selected and what has not been selected to determine what is newly added.
I was worried you might have moved it to the registry or something. In the .cfg it's an awesome time saver and a great way to make an easy backup. I hope you keep it this way.

EPG123 is the best thing to happen to WMC since I've been using it. Thank you for your hard work and excellent execution of this software, as soon as I can get some funds freed up I'll definitely be donating.

yucca1960

Post by yucca1960 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:53 am

can somebody please tell me where and how to add the command line to use the client .exe file, don't know how. thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat May 21, 2016 5:27 pm

yucca1960 wrote:can somebody please tell me where and how to add the command line to use the client .exe file, don't know how. thanks
The use of epg123Client is on page 10 of the guide, but the short version is:

<drive>:\<path>\epg123Client.exe -i "<drive>:\<path>\epg123.mxf" -match

arguments:
-i followed by the path to the mxf file will perform an import in the WMC database ... also perform the reindex if import is successful.

-match is the automatch feature and is optional.

This file can be run from anywhere and the mxf file can be anywhere else that you have access to. Setting up a scheduled task for the "Whole Home" configuration using just the client is left to the user. I don't have anything to create the task for you in this configuration.
- Gary

lurch66

Post by lurch66 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:27 am

Is there a way to select multiple channels at the same time during setup? I attempted but it was only 1 at a time. It would make it a lot easier during first time setup.

webminster

Post by webminster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 am

In the EPG123 lineup channel listing? There's a couple of "buttons" over the list "All" and "None" that can be helpful.
-Alan