Generic info in EPG123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garnuts

HTPC Specs: Show details

Generic info in EPG123

Post by garnuts » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:32 pm

I converted my main HTPC from Rovi to EPG123 yesterday. As with Rovi, I still see generic info for late night and daytime talk shows.

Columbus, OH: WOW digital cable lineup (cablecard)

Today Fri 4/15: Jimmy Kimmel and Tavis Smiley show generic info (no guests). All other day and late night shows seem to be correct.

Monday 4/18: Kimmel, Fallon, Meyers, Smiley all show generic info going forward in guide.

Colbert and Corden (back to back on CBS) going forward have incorrect info. The Late Late She with James Corden has all the correct guest info for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (switched)? The guest info for Colbert is wrong, but it does not appear to be from Cordens show.

Also starting on Monday 4/18, many of the daytime talk shows and soaps show generic info. I don't care about daytime, but don't know if the show info should be there?

I don't see any errors in my trace log.

1. Are any others getting this generic info.

2. Anyone else getting wrong guest info for Colbert and Corden next week.

My sources for guide info:
-tvguide.com
-roviguide.com
-tv.com
-my local ISP (WOW).com

Thanks

glorp

Post by glorp » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:07 pm

garnuts wrote:I converted my main HTPC from Rovi to EPG123 yesterday. As with Rovi, I still see generic info for late night and daytime talk shows.

Columbus, OH: WOW digital cable lineup (cablecard)

Today Fri 4/15: Jimmy Kimmel and Tavis Smiley show generic info (no guests). All other day and late night shows seem to be correct.

Monday 4/18: Kimmel, Fallon, Meyers, Smiley all show generic info going forward in guide.
The Kimmel ones I am very familiar with. The show today (Friday) is a repeat from earlier in the week. Kimmel is almost never live on Friday nights and that weeks' episode rarely shows guest lists in the EPG from any source when that is the case. The shows for next week Mon-Thu will update either tonight or tomorrow, usually with guest lists. I assume the network only publishes guest lists at the last minute when they are confirmed by the guests, so this is typical and probably the case with some of the others you list.

My experience has been that this works this way virtually all the time with SD data, almost never with Rovi. Wait and see ... :)

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:06 pm

garnuts wrote:Colbert and Corden (back to back on CBS) going forward have incorrect info. The Late Late She with James Corden has all the correct guest info for The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (switched)? The guest info for Colbert is wrong, but it does not appear to be from Cordens show.
I just compared my epg123 guide to tvguide.com and they both agree on the guests. Were you talking about tonights listings, or some other day?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 pm

[/quote]
I just compared my epg123 guide to tvguide.com and they both agree on the guests. Were you talking about tonights listings, or some other day?[/quote]

Today 4/15 Colbert and Corden are correct.

Starting Monday 4/18 is when they are wrong in EPG123:

4/18-4/19 Monday night:
Colbert's guests: Hillary Clinton, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Katharine McPhee, Sturgill Simpson

Corden's guests: Emilia Clarke, Abbi Jacobson, Ilana Glazer, Rachel Feinstein

4/19-4/20 Tues night:
Colbert's guests: Kevin Spacey, Thomas Middleditch, The Flaming Lips

Corden's guests: Gwyneth Paltrow, Andrew Rannells, The Last Shadow Puppets perform

4/20-4/21 Wed night:

Colbert's guests: Matt Walsh, Charles Bradley, Tootie & Jimmy Heath

Corden's guests: Lena Headey

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:13 pm

The listings you show above matches what my guide says and what zap2it website says. Since Colbert's twitter account is announcing Hillary Clinton as a guest Monday, I tend to think that epg123/SD/Gracenote/Zap2it are the ones that are correct here.
- Gary

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Thanks for checking, I forgot about zap2it's website.

I was looking at roviguide.com and tvguide.com which must be wrong then. I wonder if TV Guide gets their data from Rovi.

Space

Post by Space » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:52 pm

garnuts wrote:Thanks for checking, I forgot about zap2it's website.

I was looking at roviguide.com and tvguide.com which must be wrong then. I wonder if TV Guide gets their data from Rovi.
No need to wonder, they do.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:32 am

$ RoviGuide<=null
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:37 am

STC wrote:$ RoviGuide<=null
Couldn't have said it better myself. :clap:
- Gary

glorp

Post by glorp » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:09 pm

glorp wrote:
garnuts wrote:Today Fri 4/15: Jimmy Kimmel and Tavis Smiley show generic info (no guests). All other day and late night shows seem to be correct.

My experience has been that this works this way virtually all the time with SD data, almost never with Rovi. Wait and see ... :)
I note that this weeks' "Kimmels" have guest lists as of the update today. I assume yours do as well now? A Hoo-rah for SD data and an EPG123 program :)

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:17 pm

glorp wrote:
glorp wrote:
garnuts wrote:Today Fri 4/15: Jimmy Kimmel and Tavis Smiley show generic info (no guests). All other day and late night shows seem to be correct.

I note that this weeks' "Kimmels" have guest lists as of the update today. I assume yours do as well now? A Hoo-rah for SD data and an EPG123 program :)
Yep :)