SD or EPG123 error?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
bw1

HTPC Specs: Show details

SD or EPG123 error?

Post by bw1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Today the teams got updated for the NHL Playoffs.

My Zap2it lineup recently changed from NBCSNHD to NBCSDTB "WideOpenWest NBC Sports Network HD DET B" and shows: "Premier League Match of the Week" from 7 - 9 PM, but my WMC after updating with EPG123 shows: "NHL Hockey Detroit Red Wings at Tampa Bay Lightning".

I also get Fox Sports Detroit HD and it also show the same hockey game. I'm sure that NBC Sports is blacked out and it's showing on the local FSD network. The problem is that my Keyword Wishlist series scheduled recording to record Red Wings Hockey is picking up the NBCSNHD broadcast instead of the NCSDTB broadcast.

Is there any way to determine if this is an SD problem or an EPG123 error?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:44 am

I think I may need a road map here. Let's see if I understand correctly.

Zap2It - NBCSDTB (used to be NBCSNHD) has "Premier League Match of the Week" with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay?
EPG123 - NBCSNHD has NHL Hockey with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay
Both? - FSD has NHL Hockey with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay

You have a keyword wishlist with what keyword? and it is picking up the game on NBCSNHD which in reality is not showing because it will be blacked-out?

Now I guess the question is, what is the error you are seeing; NBCSNHD listing the game, maybe?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:21 am

garyan2 wrote:I think I may need a road map here. Let's see if I understand correctly.

Zap2It - NBCSDTB (used to be NBCSNHD) has "Premier League Match of the Week" with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay? correct
EPG123 - NBCSNHD has NHL Hockey with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay correct except EPG123 is correctly getting NBCSDTB and is listing the hockey game instead of "Premier League Match of the Week"
Both? - FSD has NHL Hockey with Detroit vs. Tampa Bay correct

You have a keyword wishlist with what keyword? and it is picking up the game on NBCSNHD which in reality is not showing because it will be blacked-out?

Now I guess the question is, what is the error you are seeing; NBCSNHD listing the game, maybe?
The keyword is Red Wings Hockey, Category Sport/Hockey

The error is that EPG123, while having NBCSDTB correctly in the lineup, is listing the game and the keyword wishlist is selecting that game instead of the one on FSD.

I did download EPG123 again about an hour before the game started and it wasn't updated.

Of course the game was last night so it's gone now.

I'll download this morning and check for any other discrepancies.

Thanks.