Automatch Explanation

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
kanipek

HTPC Specs: Show details

Automatch Explanation

Post by kanipek » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:14 pm

I was wondering if you can explain exactly what/how the automatch feature is doing and what exactly it is looking at for matching.

I understand what it is supposed to do. But for me it is not working correctly. Basically it is disabling all the non-CableCard channels.
Not a big deal. But I would like to get it working if possible. My local provider really doesn't have a clue as far as channel naming goes
for example TBS they are calling TBS_M (M is for Massillon) I don't mind having to rename everything again if that is what is causing the
problem, been doing this for years with WMC zap2it/Rovi.

I know nothing is easy with me.... ;) Thanks!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:36 am

Could you send my your lineups and a little more detail on what is happening? You can PM it to me so we don't clutter this thread and I will give a proper answer to your question. It may be the automatch feature will be changed based on the root cause of your problem.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:30 am

Before I go into the possibly lengthy discussion of the automatch feature and try to cover how everyone can get the most of their guide, I suggest you add your antenna lineup in epg123. Since your provider's clear QAM channels have logical channel numbers that match your area's broadcast channels, I think you will be mostly complete.

All matching is done by the WMC tuner channel number and the epg123 lineup channel number. (Note that editing the channel number has no effect on the matching since that is really only changing the displayed channel number and not the actual channel number.) The pitfalls to avoid is having multiple stations on the same channel number in epg123. If you have multiple lineups with the same channel number, then manual intervention will be necessary. I'll put something together, something like a guide or how-to, later.

Editing the call signs is not necessary; though it may work since WMC, by default, will match by call sign automatically.

I will note, that you will need v0.9.2 for any manual changes to stick.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:25 pm

garyan2 wrote:Before I go into the possibly lengthy discussion of the automatch feature and try to cover how everyone can get the most of their guide, I suggest you add your antenna lineup in epg123. Since your provider's clear QAM channels have logical channel numbers that match your area's broadcast channels, I think you will be mostly complete.

All matching is done by the WMC tuner channel number and the epg123 lineup channel number. (Note that editing the channel number has no effect on the matching since that is really only changing the displayed channel number and not the actual channel number.) The pitfalls to avoid is having multiple stations on the same channel number in epg123. If you have multiple lineups with the same channel number, then manual intervention will be necessary. I'll put something together, something like a guide or how-to, later.

Editing the call signs is not necessary; though it may work since WMC, by default, will match by call sign automatically.

I have my numbering completely remapped as you may recall..

My issue is Charter in my area has 637 and 638 which are west and east coast feeds of Encore Suspense. I got in touch with SD and they fixed an issue with the guide data with these channels but I have been unsuccessful in retreiving them now in WMC with EPG123.

How do I accomplish this? Guide Tool doesn't show the EPG123 Lineup IIR.

BTW, I love EPG123 as my guide is rich again with Similar Movie suggestions and Cast listing of movies to watch or record. Thanks for the fantastic work!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:06 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Before I go into the possibly lengthy discussion of the automatch feature and try to cover how everyone can get the most of their guide, I suggest you add your antenna lineup in epg123. Since your provider's clear QAM channels have logical channel numbers that match your area's broadcast channels, I think you will be mostly complete.

I have my numbering completely remapped as you may recall..

My issue is Charter in my area has 637 and 638 which are west and east coast feeds of Encore Suspense. I got in touch with SD and they fixed an issue with the guide data with these channels but I have been unsuccessful in retreiving them now in WMC with EPG123.

How do I accomplish this? Guide Tool doesn't show the EPG123 Lineup IIR.

BTW, I love EPG123 as my guide is rich again with Similar Movie suggestions and Cast listing of movies to watch or record. Thanks for the fantastic work!
I'll be releasing v0.9.5 soon and it is fully compliant with Guide Tool. Did you lose both 637 and 638? Did the channels disappear completely? or are they still in the channel list just no matching listings?
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:34 pm

I can't find them anywhere, I tried manually adding them in but didn't get to complete the task before the honey dos kicked in and then we were out of the country for 8 days on vacation so I haven't had a chance to do anything in the last couple of weeks really.