Issue with EPG123 or Schedules Direct?

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
kanipek

HTPC Specs: Show details

Issue with EPG123 or Schedules Direct?

Post by kanipek » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:04 pm

So today I noted no data on WEWSDT from yesterdays run using v7.6, thought this was odd so I went into edit listings and there is no longer a WEWSDT listing (ABC HD in 44646) there is a listing for WEWS (ABC SD in 44646). So I selected the WEWS listing and figured all would get sorted out on my next update. Ran V7.6 and double checked the lineup from SD to see if it had the channel listed and checked - it did. I remained hopeful remembering some SD issues yesterday.

I updated to v9.1 and ran it, success! WEWSDT is back in WMC listings!! But wait - now WKYCDT is missing (NBC HD in 44646) there is still a listing for WKYC so I checked that for now. I re-started EPG to check that the channel was listed and is checked - it was.

So what is going on? Is this an EPG issue? or SD issue? And what do I do about it?

Obviously things are going to record and I can care less about seeing an "HD" in the listings, but I am concerned there is a problem with EPG or SD or dare I say it me!

Thanks for reading and any and all help and advice.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:39 am

You can't have easy problems, can you? I'm going to try to get a handle on what you're seeing ...

The disappearing WEWSDT and WKYCDT are missing from the Guide and/or epg123 lineup? If it's missing from the lineup, the problem is with SD, especially if the listing changes to WEWS and WKYC. If it is missing in the guide, I'm thinking Microsoft/Rovi is still attached somewhere.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:57 am

Please make sure that you open a ticket at the website so that I can start pulling information.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:46 pm

garyan2 wrote:You can't have easy problems, can you? I'm going to try to get a handle on what you're seeing ...

The disappearing WEWSDT and WKYCDT are missing from the Guide and/or epg123 lineup? If it's missing from the lineup, the problem is with SD, especially if the listing changes to WEWS and WKYC. If it is missing in the guide, I'm thinking Microsoft/Rovi is still attached somewhere.
Figured it out. The station isn't missing, but your lineup has both the SD and HD assigned to the same channel. It will just keep swapping between the 2 after every update. Right now, just go into the GUI and disable the SD channels ...
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

kanipek

Post by kanipek » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:22 pm

garyan2 wrote:You can't have easy problems, can you? I'm going to try to get a handle on what you're seeing ...

Figured it out. The station isn't missing, but your lineup has both the SD and HD assigned to the same channel. It will just keep swapping between the 2 after every update. Right now, just go into the GUI and disable the SD channels ...
Hey thanks for checking this out. I appreciate the effort. Easy problems are not my specialty... ;)