v0.9.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

v0.9.0 Release

Post by garyan2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:54 am

This release, I believe, is really close to what the final product will be. Here is what to look forward to:

Incorporates Lineup Selector and Guide Tool functionality
  • Automatically matches stations with guide channels (based on tuner channel, not display channel)
    Disables channels that have no match and/or removed from SD lineup
    Automatically adjusts to lineup changes
Built with new icons provided by IT Troll.
Now includes generic series descriptions viewable in searches and series recordings.
Is viewable in Guide Tool.
No longer need to restart WMC shell to recognize lineup has been updated.
Plan to incorporate registry check/edit for guide TOS.
Plan to include option to only import a pre-generated mxf file and perform automatch feature for "Whole Home" configurations.

Setup Steps
Step 1 will be perform WMC TV setup. (no registry edits)
Step 2 will be configure epg123 and execute.
Step 3 will be enjoy. (no lineup selector or guide tool)

Due to the changes I'm bringing in, I want this to be a limited release to those who want to do some testing on it. I want to make sure I'm not going to adversely affect anyone's system. So this thread is basically a call for volunteers to find all the gotchas and package this up for the masses. Let me know if you want to be a tester and what your configuration is (OS/tuner(s)/lineup(s)).
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

KenL

Post by KenL » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:25 am

Win7 64
Satellite + OTA
Hauppauge Colossus + HDHomeRuns ATSC

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:12 am

I would like to test v0.9.0 also.
Attachments
WinWmcVersion003.jpg
Last edited by Crash2009 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

webminster

Post by webminster » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:13 am

I can give it a try on a test system.
Win7 64
Comcast Digital cable, HDHomeRun Prime x 2
-Alan

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:37 am

I would also like to test 0.9 also.

Machine is W10 64 Bit
HD HR Prime

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 am

I might sit this one out. What's in the final result in WMC Guide? I've got some serious channel number re-maps, probably like no one else on the planet, and updating might mean I have to go through it all over again unless I can use Guide Tool again after I'm done with EPG123 to restore my guide re-maps from the XML back up created yesterday after running EPG123 v0.7.6..

From what I can see, this release changes the following things in the end result, the Guide in WMC:

Automatically adjusts to lineup changes
Now includes generic series descriptions viewable in searches and series recordings.
Plan to include option to only import a pre-generated mxf file and perform automatch feature for "Whole Home" configurations. (but this looks like it might be what I need to do if I were to use v0.9.0??)

Thanks..

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:07 pm

I am willing to test v0.9.0

Win7 x64
Cablecard tuners only
HTPC - no extenders

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Sign me up. I wanted to install EPG123 this weekend anyway.

Ceton InfiniTV 6
SD HDHR Prime
SD HDHR Connect X3

Win 7 X64
Last edited by captain_video on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:31 pm

captain_video wrote:Sign me up. I wanted to install EPG123 this weekend anyway.

Ceton InfiniTV 6
SD HDHR Prime
SD HD Connect X3
You're doing the whole home thing IIR. It looks like it is built for you.
Plan to include option to only import a pre-generated mxf file and perform automatch feature for "Whole Home" configurations.

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 pm

Sammy2 wrote:You're doing the whole home thing IIR. It looks like it is built for you.
I'm using several standalone HTPCs and no extenders. Anything that simplifies the setup process would be extremely helpful, especially for setting up the channels on each HTPC.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:35 pm

It would seem that so long as they are all set up similar, you do it on one and then import the mxf file from that one to all the rest using the EPG123 interface in this build.

Tracer

Post by Tracer » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Would like to try

Windows 7 64-bit
Cable and OTA tuners
Cable One line up

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:14 am

Haven't disappeared, guys. Just trying to get as much incorporated as I can. It looks like I may have oversold the Guide Tool capability. I can get the epg123 listings to appear in GT but it doesn't show the stations as being subscribed to by the channel. You can manually match channels (again) so that they appear, but GT throws an error, though it appears to work just fine. I don't have a full grasp on what GT requires for everything to work as if the epg123 lineup was complete/valid/available.
- Gary

STC

Post by STC » Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:08 pm

I just shot an email to fredx21. He hasn't been here in a while, but you never know. He may be able to unlock the missing parts for you.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

webminster

Post by webminster » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:32 am

Just finished a first go on 0.9. Here's how it went:

* Performed the steps:
net stop ehrecvr
net stop ehsched
rd c:\programdata\microsoft\ehome /s /q
net start ehrecvr

When I started WMC, clicked the Live TV setup. For some reason a popup, telling me I had no tuners.
I went into the services GUI and restarted the services, and it seemed to fins the tuners then. Not sure why I had to do that.

* Completed the Live TV setup and closed WMC. Put my 0.7.6 config into the 0.9 folder and set up epg123.
Enhancement: could a select all/none e added for the lineup checkboxes? 500 is an unpleasant number of mouse clicks...

* Ran the epg123 update. Completed without error.
* Started WMC. Saw that Guide and live TV icons had been enabled.
* Checked the guide and found automatch seemed to have worked.
** Odd: Hadn't seen before, I noticed a bunch of channels started (current time slot) as "no data", but had data populated from the next time slot. Other channels had data in the current time slot. Not sure why some had, some had not.
** I had tried to check GT before I trashed current guide, believe it said 554 services. Post process, it says 551 services. Still going through seeing what if anything really is missing.

So far, other than above, it superficially looks good...
-Alan

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 am

webminster wrote:Just finished a first go on 0.9. Here's how it went:

* Performed the steps:
net stop ehrecvr
net stop ehsched
rd c:\programdata\microsoft\ehome /s /q
net start ehrecvr

When I started WMC, clicked the Live TV setup. For some reason a popup, telling me I had no tuners.
I went into the services GUI and restarted the services, and it seemed to fins the tuners then. Not sure why I had to do that.

* Completed the Live TV setup and closed WMC. Put my 0.7.6 config into the 0.9 folder and set up epg123.
Enhancement: could a select all/none e added for the lineup checkboxes? 500 is an unpleasant number of mouse clicks...

* Ran the epg123 update. Completed without error.
* Started WMC. Saw that Guide and live TV icons had been enabled.
* Checked the guide and found automatch seemed to have worked.
** Odd: Hadn't seen before, I noticed a bunch of channels started (current time slot) as "no data", but had data populated from the next time slot. Other channels had data in the current time slot. Not sure why some had, some had not.
** I had tried to check GT before I trashed current guide, believe it said 554 services. Post process, it says 551 services. Still going through seeing what if anything really is missing.

So far, other than above, it superficially looks good...
There is a all and none button in the lineups ... did they disappear?

The bunch of channels starting with "No data" is because I download the current day (zulu time) ... meaning the first scheduled entry for the day will not necessarily be the current showing. So for any show that starts before 0000Z is considered the day before and is not part of the download.
- Gary

webminster

Post by webminster » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:58 am

Copy that on the "no data". Does that mean if I, say, implement and run first download in say my early afternoon, I won't have any guide until later that day? e.g. following my case here, the data was some at about 7pm MT, some was "no data" until 8pm MT. If I had started implementation at say 3pm MT, perhaps I might not have guide information for several hours (e.g. the gap between 3pm and 7-8pm)?

And you're right. I just didn't notice the All/None buttons, my fault, if I noticed them at all I thought they were labels.

Do you think it's possible to have a legend somewhere on the lineup pane that might say, "M channels, N selected"? Just to have an "expected" channel count? Not a biggie.
-Alan

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:09 am

webminster wrote:Copy that on the "no data". Does that mean if I, say, implement and run first download in say my early afternoon, I won't have any guide until later that day? e.g. following my case here, the data was some at about 7pm MT, some was "no data" until 8pm MT. If I had started implementation at say 3pm MT, perhaps I might not have guide information for several hours (e.g. the gap between 3pm and 7-8pm)?

And you're right. I just didn't notice the All/None buttons, my fault, if I noticed them at all I thought they were labels.

Do you think it's possible to have a legend somewhere on the lineup pane that might say, "M channels, N selected"? Just to have an "expected" channel count? Not a biggie.
Updating at 3PM would have download everything for you ... would have downloaded from 7PM yesterday.
- Gary

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:55 am

I'm also trying 0.9 & removed the ehome folder & contents. I ran epg123 & ran the "save & execute".
After it completed, I started WMC & saw I could get in the channel guide without having to edit the registry, but nothing looked like it mapped (thus, I have 9999 channels, saying "No Data Available" & yes I'm using a cable card).

Is there a step that I'm forgetting to do ?

That being said, didn't have any issues using lineup selector & guide tool to finish the task, but if I remember reading correctly, the goal is to get away from having to use guide tool & lineup selector

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:02 am

choliscott wrote:I'm also trying 0.9 & removed the ehome folder & contents. I ran epg123 & ran the "save & execute".
After it completed, I started WMC & saw I could get in the channel guide without having to edit the registry, but nothing looked like it mapped (thus, I have 9999 channels, saying "No Data Available" & yes I'm using a cable card).

Is there a step that I'm forgetting to do ?

That being said, didn't have any issues using lineup selector & guide tool to finish the task, but if I remember reading correctly, the goal is to get away from having to use guide tool & lineup selector
Yah, not sure what is going on ... maybe. Question: did you have the automatch checked?
automatch.PNG
automatch.PNG (5.13 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
I may have a separate issue here in not properly saving the file before closing the GUI. If anyone can try again and click Save, Exit, then either use the command line update or reopen the GUI and select Save&Execute ... see if it all works correctly then.
- Gary