EPG123 Bug Reports

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Re: EPG123 Bug Reports

Post#621 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:59 pm

garyan2 wrote:Sent you a PM. If you didn't get the file this morning directly to your email account, let me know. Or you can wait until tomorrow ... I think I'm going to release a new version tonight.


1.1.14 fixes the null problem, thanks for the quick fix on this!

Unfortunately 1.1.14 also introduces a new problem in that if I include my OTA lineup in epg123.exe, the execution time of the tool upon picking "Save & Execute" is only 0.5s and no guide data is populated. If I remove the OTA lineup, the tool works as it should including downloading and importing.

The trace file does not have any detail other than the execution time.
mini-me
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 6 September 2012

Post#622 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:22 pm

mini-me wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Sent you a PM. If you didn't get the file this morning directly to your email account, let me know. Or you can wait until tomorrow ... I think I'm going to release a new version tonight.


1.1.14 fixes the null problem, thanks for the quick fix on this!

Unfortunately 1.1.14 also introduces a new problem in that if I include my OTA lineup in epg123.exe, the execution time of the tool upon picking "Save & Execute" is only 0.5s and no guide data is populated. If I remove the OTA lineup, the tool works as it should including downloading and importing.

The trace file does not have any detail other than the execution time.

Right you are.

FACT: Never a good idea to release software at 2AM ... always fixing it again at 8AM.

v1.1.15 is released and I checked it out with your lineups. There were 2 places the fix was needed and I only took care of 1. :oops: Sorry. :oops:
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#623 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:31 pm

garyan2 wrote:
mini-me wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Sent you a PM. If you didn't get the file this morning directly to your email account, let me know. Or you can wait until tomorrow ... I think I'm going to release a new version tonight.


1.1.14 fixes the null problem, thanks for the quick fix on this!

Unfortunately 1.1.14 also introduces a new problem in that if I include my OTA lineup in epg123.exe, the execution time of the tool upon picking "Save & Execute" is only 0.5s and no guide data is populated. If I remove the OTA lineup, the tool works as it should including downloading and importing.

The trace file does not have any detail other than the execution time.

Right you are.

FACT: Never a good idea to release software at 2AM ... always fixing it again at 8AM.

v1.1.15 is released and I checked it out with your lineups. There were 2 places the fix was needed and I only took care of 1. :oops: Sorry. :oops:


Fixed! Thanks
mini-me
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 6 September 2012

Post#624 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:16 pm

Bit of a niche one this involving epg123client.

I have both dvb-t2 and dvb-s2 on my system, the dvb-s2 stuff is allocated to the channel number 100+. I had previously merged the dvbt2 channels to these.

Today I deleted my dvbt2 channels and rescanned. The dvbt2 channels took their default number which meant that some channel numbers are duplicated in the guide but are infact different channels on their respective dvb system, ie. 125 is Dave and also 125 is also Pop.


I thought I would use epg123client to remove these dvbt2 channels from the guide but it crashes upon start up with an unhandled exception. Looking at the details of the exception it seems to be in buildmergedchannellvi and buildmergedchannellistview, which would make sense as it looks to be getting confused with the duplicate channel numbers and/or the fact that the dvbt2 channels from previously merged channel have been disabled (unticked on the sources screen).

Christ, I hope that made sense.

Edit:
Having gone through the guide settings, it would appear that all of the dvbt2 channels have been duplicated. I do now recall that upon deleting the channels before a new dvbt2 scan, WMC did crash. I assume that the crash unselected the all from the list but didn't delete the channels from the database before the new scan, duplicating them in the process.

I
Dean
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 5 July 2011

Post#625 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:05 pm

Update:
I've gone through the guide and changed the numbers that have been duplicated (I think, there's over 1500 channels) and epg123client still starts with the same error.
Dean
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 5 July 2011

Post#626 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Sorry, I haven't had time to really dive into your issue yet. Your configuration is challenging to setup and I need to sit down and formulate a plan of attack. Hopefully I'll have time tonight and you should have something to work with tomorrow morning your time.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#627 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:44 am

Okay, first we're going to have to figure out what is causing the client to crash. Was there anything in the trace.log file that captured the exception? I've looked at the code for buildMergedChannelLvi(MergedChannel mergedChannel) and found some possible areas dealing with a string that can cause this. If the string is empty or does not contain a specific character, it will throw an exception.

I have built a beta version of v1.1.16 and placed it on the server. You can download version 1.1.16beta1 at http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads. I would like to avoid you starting over with Step 1 to clear out the database. I believe there is something with your database that I wasn't expecting and the code isn't handling it very well.

EPG123 will not get confused with channel numbers. It actually doesn't care ... you could have 100 channel 100s and it would simply add them to the list. Once we get the client working, we may be able to determine why you have duplicate channels and from where. If you look at the picture below, you will see a column 'Scanned Source(s)' which should distinguish a DVB-S channel from a DVB-T channel.

VirtualBox_SSD Windows 7 Both_12_09_2017_20_27_56.png
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#628 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 am

Hi Gary, I've tried the beta and there is no difference. The tracelog shows 40 lines of '[ERROR] PrimaryChannel.Lineup is null'.
Dean
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 5 July 2011

Post#629 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Dean wrote:Hi Gary, I've tried the beta and there is no difference. The tracelog shows 40 lines of '[ERROR] PrimaryChannel.Lineup is null'.

Unfortunately, those are the errors I am catching... not what is crashing the client. A primary channel shouldn't be null. That means not only does the channel not have guide listings tied to it, but it doesn't even have a tuner assigned to it. Looks like it was in the process of deleting the channel and never completed. This would line up with your WMC crash while deleting your channels before the new DVB-T2 scan.

I've built a beta2 version that will catch everything and we'll see what it looks like after that. There will probably be some more messages in your trace.log file concerning secondary lineups or failure to build the ListViewItem. Each error will represent a junk channel in your database.

You can download the new version 1.1.16beta2 at the same place. http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#630 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Running he new beta does indeed produce a large amount of primary and some secondary channel lineups being null.
The program no longer crashes and populates the lists.

There does appear to be a mismatch with the enabled ticks though. The 'enabled' tick is ticked for a number of channels which are disabled on the guide in WMC.

The tick selection itself still works correctly, just reading it from WMC is out of whack... Probably cos the database is knackered from the crash.

Now that epg123client no longer crashes, I wouldn't worry about trying to fix it any further, it's more about issue with WMC and probably just needs a reinstall.

Thanks for your help though.
Dean
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 5 July 2011

Post#631 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:08 am

I have been using epg123 v1.1.10 since July with everything working smoothly. However, I just noticed that my epg123.mxf file stopped updating two weeks ago. Clicking on the "Save & Execute" button in epg123 should cause the MXF file to be updated, correct? Well, when I try that, it makes it through both stages of "Build schedules," but then the instant it begins "Build programs," it stops. Is it crashing, maybe? I tried upgrading to v1.1.15, rebooting Windows 7, and deleting the MXF file, but the behavior remained the same after each of these steps. What shall I try next?

trace.log:
Code: Select all
[9/16/2017 12:37:14 AM] ===============================================================================
[9/16/2017 12:37:14 AM]  Activating the epg123 configuration GUI.
[9/16/2017 12:37:14 AM] ===============================================================================
[9/16/2017 12:37:15 AM] [ INFO] epg123 is up to date. version: 1.1.15
[9/16/2017 12:37:15 AM] [ INFO] Successfully queried the Task Scheduler for status. Ready. Last Run 9/15/2017 2:22:00 AM; Exit: 0x00000000
[9/16/2017 12:37:15 AM] [ INFO] Token request successful. serverID: 20141201.web.1
[9/16/2017 12:37:15 AM] [ INFO] Status request successful. account expires: 2018-07-25T01:59:45Z , lineups: 1/4 , lastDataUpdate: 2017-09-16T01:43:21Z
[9/16/2017 12:37:15 AM] [ INFO] system status: Online , message: No known issues.
[9/16/2017 12:37:16 AM] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[9/16/2017 12:37:16 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup USA-VA45579-X.
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] ===============================================================================
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM]  Beginning epg123 update execution.
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] ===============================================================================
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] Beginning EPG123 update execution. 2017-09-16 04:37:21Z
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] DaysToDownload: 14 , PrefixEpisodeTitle: False , AppendEpisodeDesc: True , TMDbCoverArt: False , LogoOverride: False , AutoAddNew: False
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] Status request successful. account expires: 2018-07-25T01:59:45Z , lineups: 1/4 , lastDataUpdate: 2017-09-16T01:43:21Z
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] system status: Online , message: No known issues.
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] epg123 is up to date. version: 1.1.15
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved TMDb configurations.
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] [ INFO] Successfully requested listing of client lineups from Schedules Direct.
[9/16/2017 12:37:21 AM] Entering buildLineupServices() for 1 lineups.
[9/16/2017 12:37:22 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved the station mapping for lineup USA-VA45579-X.
[9/16/2017 12:37:22 AM] Exiting buildLineupServices(). SUCCESS.
[9/16/2017 12:37:22 AM] Entering getAllScheduleEntryMd5s() for 14 days on 547 stations.
[9/16/2017 12:37:25 AM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved Md5s for 547 station's daily schedules.
[9/16/2017 12:37:26 AM] [WARNG] Failed to parse the schedule Md5 return for stationId 56036 (BABYTVL) on 2017-09-16 and after.
[9/16/2017 12:37:26 AM] [ INFO] Found 7644 cached daily schedules.
[9/16/2017 12:37:26 AM] [ INFO] Downloaded 0 daily schedules.
[9/16/2017 12:37:28 AM] [WARNG] Time discontinuity detected. Service 14929 (FUSE) SH012857740000 (entry 330) ends at 2017-09-25 11:30:00Z, EP001011700081 (entry 331) starts at 2017-09-25 08:30:00Z.
[9/16/2017 12:37:28 AM]         No further discontinuities on FUSE will be reported for 2017-09-25.
[9/16/2017 12:37:33 AM] [WARNG] Time discontinuity detected. Service 59116 (FUSEHD) SH012857740000 (entry 232) ends at 2017-09-22 09:00:00Z, SH024995750000 (entry 233) starts at 2017-09-22 04:00:00Z.
[9/16/2017 12:37:33 AM]         No further discontinuities on FUSEHD will be reported for 2017-09-22.
[9/16/2017 12:37:33 AM] [WARNG] Time discontinuity detected. Service 63220 (CTRCHD) SH012857740000 (entry 125) ends at 2017-09-22 08:52:00Z, MV001001780000 (entry 126) starts at 2017-09-22 03:30:00Z.
[9/16/2017 12:37:33 AM]         No further discontinuities on CTRCHD will be reported for 2017-09-22.
[9/16/2017 12:37:34 AM] [ INFO] Processed 7644 daily schedules for 547 stations.
[9/16/2017 12:37:34 AM] Exiting getAllScheduleEntryMd5s(). SUCCESS.
[9/16/2017 12:37:34 AM] Entering buildAllProgramEntries() for 41437 programs.
[9/16/2017 12:37:34 AM] [ INFO] epg123 update execution time was 00:00:13.5096238.
gregn928
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 January 2014

Post#632 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Your failure happens immediately after entering buildAllProgramEntries() which is inspecting and processing your cached files. It is possible that you have a corrupted cached file, though I thought I had built a way to avoid the crash.

In the EPG123 Configuration GUI, click the [Clear Cache] button. When complete, click the [Save & Execute] to rebuild and see if that helps. Also, check to make sure your drive is not out of space.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#633 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:14 am

Dean wrote:Bit of a niche one this involving epg123client.

I have both dvb-t2 and dvb-s2 on my system, the dvb-s2 stuff is allocated to the channel number 100+. I had previously merged the dvbt2 channels to these.

Today I deleted my dvbt2 channels and rescanned. The dvbt2 channels took their default number which meant that some channel numbers are duplicated in the guide but are infact different channels on their respective dvb system, ie. 125 is Dave and also 125 is also Pop.

garyan2 wrote:Sorry, I haven't had time to really dive into your issue yet. Your configuration is challenging to setup and I need to sit down and formulate a plan of attack. Hopefully I'll have time tonight and you should have something to work with tomorrow morning your time.

I've got a solution for everyone that has multiple sources with duplicate channel numbers (i.e. Cable & Satellite, DVB-S & DVB-T, DVB-T & DVB-C, ...) It will be part of the v1.1.18 release so stay tuned.

Actually, it's turning out pretty awesome and is completely backwards compatible!

v1.1.18Preview.png
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#634 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:43 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Dean wrote:Bit of a niche one this involving epg123client.

I have both dvb-t2 and dvb-s2 on my system, the dvb-s2 stuff is allocated to the channel number 100+. I had previously merged the dvbt2 channels to these.

Today I deleted my dvbt2 channels and rescanned. The dvbt2 channels took their default number which meant that some channel numbers are duplicated in the guide but are infact different channels on their respective dvb system, ie. 125 is Dave and also 125 is also Pop.

garyan2 wrote:Sorry, I haven't had time to really dive into your issue yet. Your configuration is challenging to setup and I need to sit down and formulate a plan of attack. Hopefully I'll have time tonight and you should have something to work with tomorrow morning your time.

I've got a solution for everyone that has multiple sources with duplicate channel numbers (i.e. Cable & Satellite, DVB-S & DVB-T, DVB-T & DVB-C, ...) It will be part of the v1.1.18 release so stay tuned.

Actually, it's turning out pretty awesome and is completely backwards compatible!

v1.1.18Preview.png


Absolutely love how you never give up on improvements!
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1365
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#635 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:00 am

gregn928 wrote:I have been using epg123 v1.1.10 since July with everything working smoothly. However, I just noticed that my epg123.mxf file stopped updating two weeks ago. Clicking on the "Save & Execute" button in epg123 should cause the MXF file to be updated, correct? Well, when I try that, it makes it through both stages of "Build schedules," but then the instant it begins "Build programs," it stops. Is it crashing, maybe? I tried upgrading to v1.1.15, rebooting Windows 7, and deleting the MXF file, but the behavior remained the same after each of these steps. What shall I try next?

garyan2 wrote:Your failure happens immediately after entering buildAllProgramEntries() which is inspecting and processing your cached files. It is possible that you have a corrupted cached file, though I thought I had built a way to avoid the crash.

In the EPG123 Configuration GUI, click the [Clear Cache] button. When complete, click the [Save & Execute] to rebuild and see if that helps. Also, check to make sure your drive is not out of space.

Thank you, Gary. That solved the problem. Although the first time I clicked [Save & Execute] the process didn't make it all the way through. So, I ran it a second time and it made it all the way through and created the MXF file.

Here is the error from the first run, in case you are curious:
Code: Select all
[9/21/2017 9:35:24 PM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved artwork info for 500 programs.
[9/21/2017 9:35:28 PM] [ INFO] Successfully retrieved artwork info for 500 programs.
[9/21/2017 9:35:29 PM] [ERROR] SD API WebException Thrown. Message: The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway. , Status: ProtocolError
[9/21/2017 9:35:29 PM] [ERROR] Did not receive a response from Schedules Direct for artwork info of 500 programs.
[9/21/2017 9:35:29 PM] [ERROR] Problem occurred during getMoviePosters(). Exiting.
[9/21/2017 9:35:29 PM] [ERROR] Failed to create MXF file. Exiting.
[9/21/2017 9:35:29 PM] [ INFO] epg123 update execution time was 00:04:11.5273865.

Everything looks good now. Thank you!
gregn928
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 January 2014

Post#636 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:44 am

Not sure if it's a bug, but after I updated to 1.1.17, I now only see two of my tuners off of my Ceton 4 tuner card, so I'm not getting some of my recordings. Any idea why not? When I scanned for tuners, all four showed in WMC.
AndyS
 
Posts: 27
Joined: 27 August 2012

Post#637 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 am

AndyS wrote:Not sure if it's a bug, but after I updated to 1.1.17, I now only see two of my tuners off of my Ceton 4 tuner card, so I'm not getting some of my recordings. Any idea why not? When I scanned for tuners, all four showed in WMC.

Don't know how that could possibly be related to epg123. There have been some instances where the initial automatch would disable the tuners for all channels which resulted in no recordings due to no tuners being available. I can't imagine any way that it would only disable half the tuners, let alone removing tuners.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#638 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:14 am

Hello after the last update I am getting the following:

5:06:11 AM - Beginning EPG123 update execution. 2017-09-26 09:06:11Z
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:14 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:17 AM - Did not find expected Md5Schedule file in cache directory.
5:06:18 AM - Processed 2604 daily schedules for 186 stations.
5:06:35 AM - Processed 19251 program descriptions.
5:06:36 AM - Processed 3082 series descriptions.
5:06:37 AM - Processed 2305 movie poster links.
5:06:37 AM - Processed 3082 series image links.
5:06:39 AM - Completed save of mxf file.
5:06:39 AM - Completed save of image archive file.
5:06:40 AM - 19 files deleted from the cache directory during cleanup.
5:06:40 AM - Completed EPG123 update execution. SUCCESS.

Please advise on what to do.
Steves70
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 5 March 2014

Post#639 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:25 pm

This error is due to the referencing MD5 hash of a stations listings for 1 day not equaling the MD5 hash embedded in that stations listings. It is usually caused by how SD updates their cache in batches where the information changes from Gracenote while the SD servers are updating. Right now, I recommend no action from you since this typically clears itself when SD runs another batch update. If the errors persist, then we should have a closer look.

Basically, I ask for station XYZ listings for YYYY-MM-DD from SD.
SD responds with the MD5 hash of those listings. (MD5-1)
EPG123 checks the cache folder to see if we already have it.
If we don't, we download it and save it to the cache folder based on the embedded MD5 (MD5-2).
EPG123 processes all the schedule listings and looks for MD5-1 but doesn't find it (MD5-1 not equal MD5-2).

Previous versions of EPG123 would have aborted on the first, but it is possible to continue with gaps in the listings so 1.1.17 continues on. What your errors equates to is somewhere between 1 station did not get updates for 22 days, or 22 stations stations did not get updates for a single day.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#640 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:41 pm

As you said it appears to have corrected itself, 2 days no errors. Thank! Great product BTW
Steves70
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 5 March 2014

PreviousNext

Return to EPG123



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron