EPG123 Bug Reports

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Important Information
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf

Re: EPG123 Bug Reports

Post#41 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 pm

^My thought exactly, LOL.
glorp
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 23 September 2012

Post#42 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm

:shock:
User avatar
STC
 
Posts: 6794
Joined: 6 June 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB VeteranStaff
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Post#43 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:38 pm

It's not really on topic for this thread but I also wonder if the reason MS can't fix problems with their guide for so long is that they have to wait for DST to occur and then they can fix it ...
glorp
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 23 September 2012

Post#44 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:40 pm

DST shouldn't have any affect on anything. All times in the guide and on the server is based on Zulu/GMT/UTC time ... there is no DST influence on the data.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#45 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:21 pm

garyan2 wrote:
glorp wrote:So recovery from it removing ~32000 programs from cache should not be an issue when the SD data are available? It will just have to re-download/re-cache all the old program data? The guide itself is fine from what I see. It was not affected by uploading a small .mxf. and all the old program data are still there up through Mar 25. I guess I'm just wondering if there can/will be an ill effect from it trashing the cache (rhyme intended) :)

Yah, it will just have to download the missing cache again. I sent an email to rkulagow at SD to possibly get an update on this issue.

rkugalow is looking into it.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#46 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:00 pm

garyan2 wrote:DST shouldn't have any affect on anything. All times in the guide and on the server is based on Zulu/GMT/UTC time ... there is no DST influence on the data.

This is what I've always thought but Microsoft seems to have found a way to make it a problem on their feed. :-)
Space
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2 June 2013

Post#47 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:02 pm

In a guide sense an hour would just vanish for the clock going forwards. What happens to shows that span this time slot?
User avatar
STC
 
Posts: 6794
Joined: 6 June 2011
HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB VeteranStaff
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Post#48 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:19 pm

I tried recording something over the switch last night to see what would happen, and it works fine. It was a 90 minute movie starting at 1:30, the recording says it's from 1:30 to 3, WMC history says it ended at 4am.
RyC
 
Posts: 636
Joined: 21 August 2012

Post#49 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:39 pm

garyan2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
glorp wrote:So recovery from it removing ~32000 programs from cache should not be an issue when the SD data are available? It will just have to re-download/re-cache all the old program data? The guide itself is fine from what I see. It was not affected by uploading a small .mxf. and all the old program data are still there up through Mar 25. I guess I'm just wondering if there can/will be an ill effect from it trashing the cache (rhyme intended) :)

Yah, it will just have to download the missing cache again. I sent an email to rkulagow at SD to possibly get an update on this issue.

rkugalow is looking into it.


Everything ran normally this AM and appears to have recovered. Took 45 minutes to run, almost all of that downloading artwork and had an initial timeout to SD at the outset. Cache is back to ~34000 files and MXF is ~100 meg. SD will probably ban my account now for overuse :) but EPG is back to having 14- days through Mar 27.

Today I convert my remaining media centers that do TV as the MS guide is useless.
glorp
 
Posts: 320
Joined: 23 September 2012

Post#50 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:46 pm

glorp wrote: SD will probably ban my account now for overuse :) ...

Luckily, the calls for the artwork doesn't required a login/token...doesn't count against you. But that is now a non-issue. I've released v0.7.6 that handles images differently and also now caches the daily schedules. Result is about 50% reduction in time to update.

http://epg123.garyan2.net
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#51 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:13 pm

This thread is for EPG123 bug discussion only. Off topic discussion moved here:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=9820
User avatar
Scallica
 
Posts: 2392
Joined: 6 June 2011
Location: USA!
HTPC Specs: Show details
5+ YrsTGB VeteranStaff
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct

Post#52 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:20 pm

Scallica wrote:This thread is for EPG123 bug discussion only. Off topic discussion moved here:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=9820


Sorry..
Sammy2
 
Posts: 1360
Joined: 24 August 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#53 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:27 pm

I noticed my first "oddity" since switching to EPG123. See Attached pics:
WMC Missing Info.jpg

WMC Missing Scheduled.jpg


So channel 3.1 @ 10PM is blank in the guide and yet in the recording schedule Shades of Blue still gets scheduled to record - Will it record? Time will tell. Bug?
User avatar
kanipek
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 7 March 2015

Post#54 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:07 pm

kanipek wrote:I noticed my first "oddity" since switching to EPG123. See Attached pics:
WMC Missing Info.jpg

WMC Missing Scheduled.jpg


So channel 3.1 @ 10PM is blank in the guide and yet in the recording schedule Shades of Blue still gets scheduled to record - Will it record? Time will tell. Bug?

I had meant to do something about this one. Evidently this is what happens when the stop time of a program overlaps the start time of the next program. You will still record the scheduled program no problem, it's just the guide doesn't know how to handle/display it.
User avatar
garyan2
 
Posts: 2248
Joined: 27 November 2015
HTPC Specs: Show details
- Gary
Stomping out the Rovi disease, one media center at a time. http://epg123.garyan2.net

Post#55 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:10 pm

garyan2 wrote:
kanipek wrote:I noticed my first "oddity" since switching to EPG123. See Attached pics:
WMC Missing Info.jpg

WMC Missing Scheduled.jpg


So channel 3.1 @ 10PM is blank in the guide and yet in the recording schedule Shades of Blue still gets scheduled to record - Will it record? Time will tell. Bug?

I had meant to do something about this one. Evidently this is what happens when the stop time of a program overlaps the start time of the next program. You will still record the scheduled program no problem, it's just the guide doesn't know how to handle/display it.

You can get the show to display in the guide by highlighting the show that is on after the one that is missing, moving to the right until the missing slot is off the screen, then moving back to the left. This lets you see the overlap.

This is not a problem specific to epg123, it happens with Rovi and it happened with Gracenote before the conversion to Rovi.
Space
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2 June 2013

Post#56 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:05 am

Space wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
kanipek wrote:I noticed my first "oddity" since switching to EPG123. See Attached pics:
WMC Missing Info.jpg

WMC Missing Scheduled.jpg


So channel 3.1 @ 10PM is blank in the guide and yet in the recording schedule Shades of Blue still gets scheduled to record - Will it record? Time will tell. Bug?

I had meant to do something about this one. Evidently this is what happens when the stop time of a program overlaps the start time of the next program. You will still record the scheduled program no problem, it's just the guide doesn't know how to handle/display it.

You can get the show to display in the guide by highlighting the show that is on after the one that is missing, moving to the right until the missing slot is off the screen, then moving back to the left. This lets you see the overlap.

This is not a problem specific to epg123, it happens with Rovi and it happened with Gracenote before the conversion to Rovi.


I have never seen this before. Rovi or otherwise. I don't doubt you, just thought it was weird and worth noting. I was able to make it show in the guide by doing as you suggested.
User avatar
kanipek
 
Posts: 36
Joined: 7 March 2015

Post#57 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:46 am

Space wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
kanipek wrote:I noticed my first "oddity" since switching to EPG123. See Attached pics:
WMC Missing Info.jpg

WMC Missing Scheduled.jpg


So channel 3.1 @ 10PM is blank in the guide and yet in the recording schedule Shades of Blue still gets scheduled to record - Will it record? Time will tell. Bug?

I had meant to do something about this one. Evidently this is what happens when the stop time of a program overlaps the start time of the next program. You will still record the scheduled program no problem, it's just the guide doesn't know how to handle/display it.

You can get the show to display in the guide by highlighting the show that is on after the one that is missing, moving to the right until the missing slot is off the screen, then moving back to the left. This lets you see the overlap.

This is not a problem specific to epg123, it happens with Rovi and it happened with Gracenote before the conversion to Rovi.


I've never seen this happen. Does it only happen if you do not have enough tuners in order for another tuner to get the second program?
Mike88
 
Posts: 508
Joined: 20 June 2012
HTPC Specs: Show details

Post#58 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 am

Mike88 wrote:
Space wrote:...
You can get the show to display in the guide by highlighting the show that is on after the one that is missing, moving to the right until the missing slot is off the screen, then moving back to the left. This lets you see the overlap.

This is not a problem specific to epg123, it happens with Rovi and it happened with Gracenote before the conversion to Rovi.


I've never seen this happen. Does it only happen if you do not have enough tuners in order for another tuner to get the second program?

No, it happens when the listings are incorrect.

I think it usually happens when a show is changed in the Gracenote database from ending at one time to ending at another time, it sometimes updates that show to end at the new time, but does not change the show following it to start at the new time (at least not right away).
If the snapshot that is used to build the MXF file catches it in this state, it will include shows that overlap like this.

Example:

Show1 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Show2 2:00pm - 3:00pm

A schedule change happens, where Show1 is changed to end at 2:05pm instead of 2:00pm, but for some reason it does not also update the start time of Show2:

Show1 1:00pm - 2:05pm
Show2 2:00pm - 3:00pm

So Show1 and Show2 overlap for 5 minutes in the guide. Eventually Show2 is usually updated to 2:05pm - 3:00pm, but if the snapshot is taken before that happens, you end up with the overlapping shows.

If I recall, epg123 has a problem with updating that second show once it is corrected on Gracenote/SD and is unable to correct it in WMC (at least there is one example of it happening). To be honest I am not sure if the regular WMC update (not using epg123) it able to correct this either.
Space
 
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2 June 2013

Post#59 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 pm

I had another blank slot in the guide. This was last night (3/17/2016) at 9pm on NBC. My guide is Comcast Digital Romeoville IL. Zip 60448, CST.

I am using 0.7.6 of epg123. I had just done a guide refresh before I saw this, which was only a couple hours before the "blank" spot, so guide data was very up-to-date. I guess "Shades Of Blue" was what was supposed to be in that slot.

I backed up my mxf file from yesterday if there is any value in looking through it?

here is what it looks like (Notice the channel 5 at 9PM spot):

Image
kmp14
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 8 September 2012

Post#60 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:01 pm

kmp14 wrote:I had another blank slot in the guide. This was last night (3/17/2016) at 9pm on NBC. My guide is Comcast Digital Romeoville IL. Zip 60448, CST.

I am using 0.7.6 of epg123. I had just done a guide refresh before I saw this, which was only a couple hours before the "blank" spot, so guide data was very up-to-date. I guess "Shades Of Blue" was what was supposed to be in that slot.

I backed up my mxf file from yesterday if there is any value in looking through it?

here is what it looks like (Notice the channel 5 at 9PM spot):

Image


I opened up epg123.mxf and found the program detail for that slot. Could there be something in there that loadmxf does not like? Here is that Program element:

<Program id="4215" uid="!Program!EP02183818_0011" title="Shades of Blue" episodeTitle="The Breach" description="Just as the heist is about to go down, Harlee realizes she cannot trust Stahl; Miguel uncovers Harlee's secret; Loman witnesses the heist as the exchange goes wrong.&#xA; &#xA;Season 01, Episode 11" shortDescription="On the day of the heist, Harlee realizes she cannot trust Stahl; Miguel uncovers Harlee's secret." seasonNumber="1" episodeNumber="11" originalAirdate="2016-03-17" keywords="k6,k6034,k6011,k6035" season="sn524" series="si716" isSeries="true">
<ActorRole person="p5444" rank="0" />
<ActorRole person="p7373" rank="1" />
<ActorRole person="p7374" rank="2" />
<ActorRole person="p7375" rank="3" />
<ActorRole person="p7376" rank="4" />
<ActorRole person="p7377" rank="5" />
<ActorRole person="p7378" rank="6" />
<ActorRole person="p7379" rank="7" />
<GuestActorRole person="p7380" rank="0" />
<GuestActorRole person="p6949" rank="1" />
<GuestActorRole person="p7381" rank="2" />
<GuestActorRole person="p7382" rank="3" />
<GuestActorRole person="p7383" rank="4" />
<ProducerRole person="p7384" rank="0" />
<ProducerRole person="p7385" rank="1" />
<ProducerRole person="p5444" rank="2" />
<ProducerRole person="p7386" rank="3" />
<ProducerRole person="p7387" rank="4" />
<ProducerRole person="p7388" rank="5" />
<ProducerRole person="p7389" rank="6" />
</Program>
kmp14
 
Posts: 116
Joined: 8 September 2012

PreviousNext

Return to EPG123



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron